PDA

View Full Version : Message to Jeanne & Karl .....

Tony Falotico
09-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Go Away ........ continue your plans to turn east into the Atlantic. No offense, but you are not welcomed or wanted here. Your sisters & brothers (Bonnie, Charley, Frances & Ivan) were noisy, unruly, obnoxious and destructive. They visited, left a mess and took off without cleaning up after themselves.

And ... If you do decide to come here ... WE REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE !! :p :p

Ted Shrader
09-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Tony -

Boy I hope you didn't just jinx it. :o :o Looks like they (J & K) are going to stay out to sea as of the mornings weather info on wunderground.com. If they get wind of this post, STAND BY!

You folks down there have certainly had your share (and then some) of weather ordeals this year and sure don't need any more.

Stay safe!! and be quiet :) :)

Ted

Tony Falotico
09-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Those poor folks in and around the Pensacola area got the tar beat out of them by Ivan, our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Kent Cori
09-18-2004, 5:54 PM
I sedond the motion Tony made!

Tony Falotico
09-19-2004, 8:41 AM
Those folks at NOAA need a vacation..........

Jim Becker
09-19-2004, 9:57 AM
The high pressure area bringing "glorious" weather to us today is also causing Jeanne to circle around as the flow is back to the west.

We only got a little rain here from Ivan, but places farther north were not so lucky...and their rain is causing major flooding of the Delaware river near here..."sunny day flooding"!! Pretty ugly.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-20-2004, 9:57 AM
Talked to my Dad in Pittsburgh last night. Thankfully a couple of years ago he has a drainage system put in his basement. He opened the top of the one sump and could see water flowing into it and the pump was almost running continuously. And he live on a ridge, not in a bottom of a slope.

There is a marine salvage company catching all the boats breaking loose on the Ohio River. If you want your boat back, you have to pay him 15% of the boats value. This is legal under maritime salvage rules.

Keith Starosta
09-20-2004, 12:34 PM
The high pressure area bringing "glorious" weather to us today is also causing Jeanne to circle around as the flow is back to the west.

We only got a little rain here from Ivan, but places farther north were not so lucky...and their rain is causing major flooding of the Delaware river near here..."sunny day flooding"!! Pretty ugly.

Alot of my wife's family lives in the Easton, PA/Phillipsburg, NJ area. We got a call from my MIL last night, and she said the the Delaware River is so high right now it is threatening to take out the old bridge connecting Easton and P-Burg. From what she was telling us, that happened once before a looooong time ago, and it was a pretty bad scene. We haven't gotten any updates yet today, but I'm sure going to check in...

Keith