PDA

View Full Version : Multiple pass - Universal Laser

Len Levi
09-24-2009, 3:57 PM
I have a Universal X660. Is it possible to set in the print options
multiple passes for designated colors. Instead of having to keep
pushing the start button after each pass. Could not find this info.

Thanks

George D Gabert
09-24-2009, 5:14 PM
I do not know, but could you put several colors overlapped and print all colors?

GDG

Len Levi
09-24-2009, 6:25 PM
I do not know, but could you put several colors overlapped and print all colors?

GDG

I was thinking that would work. But read that there are settings in the
print options to make the z axis change per color that aren't described
in the manuals. So maybe there was some trick to get multiple passes
without having to duplicate the vector cut line into different colors
to achieve mutiple passes.

Scott Shepherd
09-24-2009, 6:58 PM
I'm not positive, but I don't believe it will do it. I think it's been discussed on various threads and it's called "overprinting" and it's something it will not do. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I saw it or tried it.

Mike Mackenzie
09-24-2009, 7:56 PM
Len,

You can stack objects directly on top of each other and it will cut the object as many times as you duplicated.

If you want to change focus in between passes then on your system you need to open the hidden menu up by going into the driver, your power settings page and press the shift+alt+1 you will be prompted from there.

I will only tell you this with a word of CAUTION use this with care and you must have the updated firmware for it to function correctly it is also highly recommended that who ever uses this has the High torque Z axis motor. Anyone who uses this option assumes all responsibility for any and all issues that may arise from its use.
This only works with the platform systems.

Scott Shepherd
09-24-2009, 8:13 PM
??? What's that red warning about Mike? I change focus on jobs every day by using the colors. Should I not be doing that?

Mike Mackenzie
09-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Scott,

Your system is set-up correctly for doing that the caution is for the earlier platform systems. Some systems were fine and others had to change some things in order to make it function correctly. That is why it is a hidden menu option on the older systems.

Just to be clear all VLS, PLS, and ILS systems do this function properly. All M,V,X,X2 platform systems may need some additional help and should use this function at there own risk.

Len Levi
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info.
Will try this.

George Brown
09-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Scott,

Your system is set-up correctly for doing that the caution is for the earlier platform systems. Some systems were fine and others had to change some things in order to make it function correctly. That is why it is a hidden menu option on the older systems.

Just to be clear all VLS, PLS, and ILS systems do this function properly. All M,V,X,X2 platform systems may need some additional help and should use this function at there own risk.

I have an x660 and use the functionality just fine. What "additional help" are you referring to?

Mike Mackenzie
09-26-2009, 2:17 PM
George,

There are some systems out there that do not have the proper firmware or Z motors. And when they use this function they could damage there motor or CPU.

That is why I wanted to warn people who want to use this they should check with the service dept or a technician to check that they have the proper firmware and Z motors to avoid any UN necessary repairs.

John Barton
09-27-2009, 7:21 PM
Len,

You can stack objects directly on top of each other and it will cut the object as many times as you duplicated.

If you want to change focus in between passes then on your system you need to open the hidden menu up by going into the driver, your power settings page and press the shift+alt+1 you will be prompted from there.

I will only tell you this with a word of CAUTION use this with care and you must have the updated firmware for it to function correctly it is also highly recommended that who ever uses this has the High torque Z axis motor. Anyone who uses this option assumes all responsibility for any and all issues that may arise from its use.
This only works with the platform systems.

This is how I have always done it. I stack and change the power/speed settings for the few times that I have needed to do this.

Mainly we do it for the materials that require two or more passes to cut through.

Never knew the tip about changing the focus though - that would have been helpful in some situations.

Thanks