PDA

View Full Version : ASK This Old House coming to Houston, Texas in October!

Jason White
09-24-2009, 2:21 PM
Heard from a friend today that ASK This Old House (PBS) is seeking general carpentry/woodworking projects in the Houston area. This is a chance to get help with your project from Tom Silva!! :D

Anybody here from Houston? PM me if interested or go to https://asktoh.thisoldhouse.com/asktoh/question.jsp and submit your question to their producers.

Jason

Ken Fitzgerald
09-24-2009, 2:32 PM
My youngest son and wife could use some help recovering from the hurricane last year. They are still living in the apartment and no progress on restoring their home.

Jason White
09-25-2009, 9:10 AM
Anybody else?

My youngest son and wife could use some help recovering from the hurricane last year. They are still living in the apartment and no progress on restoring their home.

David Giles
09-25-2009, 9:46 AM
A friend has a small 3 bedroom house near the water that was flood damaged last year. It is clean and dry with a new AC unit. Sheetrock is removed along with all carpets and interior doors. But nothing has been done to build it back. So it would be a good project for TOH.

They are kind of wimps for waiting until October to visit Houston.

Jason White
09-28-2009, 7:51 PM
They're still looking. Lemme know.

Jason

A friend has a small 3 bedroom house near the water that was flood damaged last year. It is clean and dry with a new AC unit. Sheetrock is removed along with all carpets and interior doors. But nothing has been done to build it back. So it would be a good project for TOH.

They are kind of wimps for waiting until October to visit Houston.

Gary Muto
09-29-2009, 7:31 AM
Jason,
I saw your post last week and went to the website and posted a request. I never got any confirmation though. Anyway, I have some concrete curbing that needs repair/replacement. I didn't reply to your post since I live in the Metro Detroit area but I thought it was worth the shot.

Jason White
10-01-2009, 1:20 PM
I only know that they're looking for projects in Houston. Sorry!

Jason

Jason,
I saw your post last week and went to the website and posted a request. I never got any confirmation though. Anyway, I have some concrete curbing that needs repair/replacement. I didn't reply to your post since I live in the Metro Detroit area but I thought it was worth the shot.