PDA

View Full Version : Corel - Complete cutout removal

Randy Digby
09-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Cotton pickin basic stuff is killing me..It was easier 20 years ago...:-)

EDIT: EDIT: Thought I had it but didn't.

When I use cutout lab and complete the cutout and return to layer image, the cutout portion (in my case a small circle) is highlighted by blinking blue lines. The cutout area shows the transparent checkboard design. Problem is, the entire pic is also selected so when I select cut to removed the selected cutout portion, the entire pic goes away.

I know I'm missing something basic.

Thanks from Brain Dead...

Mike Null
09-24-2009, 3:37 PM
If you outline the portion you want to save and then fill it that should do the trick. Do not fill the area you want to cut away. Check the top box.

I'm by no means a whiz on CPT so I hope I'm understanding what you want to do.

Randy Digby
09-24-2009, 4:02 PM
I'm good with highlighting, filling in the color, preview, clean up and then ok. When the view goes back to the original pic, the cut out area is gone but the blue lines are still there. When I choose cut, the entire object is cut?????

Roy Brewer
09-24-2009, 6:59 PM
I'm good with highlighting, filling in the color, preview, clean up and then ok. When the view goes back to the original pic, the cut out area is gone but the blue lines are still there. When I choose cut, the entire object is cut?????Randy,
I, like Mike, can't quite figure out what you're trying to do. As always when using the Cut tool, everthing Selected (i.e., "not masked") is removed. Your whole object is selected and therefore should be removed.

If you are trying to remove the blue "army of marching ants," then try Object>Marquee Visable (Ctrl+Shft+H)

Randy Digby
09-24-2009, 7:17 PM
That's it!!!!!! Thank you so much.