PDA

View Full Version : Furniture wax, Liberon Black Bison vs Renaissance Wax

Dale Osowski
09-24-2009, 8:45 AM
What are your thoughts on Liberon Black Bison vs Renaissance Wax. I've been using Liberon and have great results but I'm curious as to how Renaissance would compare. There seems to be more mention of Renaissance and how well it works on metals but I have not seen much mention on how it is on wood with oil / varnish and like finishes.

Jeff Hamilton Jr.
09-24-2009, 9:09 AM
Hi Dale,

I have used Renissance extensively on the tabletops of my stationary cast iron machinery and the soles of my planes, plane irons and chisels with great results.

I used it on the striking knife that is my avatar (sp?) and it has held up outstandingly well. I have a combo of BLO and shellac under it.

I was going to use it on a French Polish bookcase I built for my son, but after reading some literature on how difficult it was to remove, it made me leary to try it in the event I needed to repair or change the finish.

As for the wood I have tried it on, it has a very nice smooth feel, a matte look and has been very long lasting.

Dale Osowski
09-24-2009, 9:11 AM
Hi Dale,

I was going to use it on a French Polish bookcase I built for my son, but after reading some literature on how difficult it was to remove, it made me leary to try it in the event I needed to repair or change the finish.

Thanks for the reply. That is a good point to consider.