PDA

View Full Version : Tree House

Nelson Howe
09-23-2009, 7:40 PM
Forgive me if this is wrong place to post this, but my kids want a tree house, and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good book or link on building tree houses.

Thanks,

Nelson

russell lusthaus
09-24-2009, 12:34 PM
lee valley sells one. Check near the back of their new catalog. I dont have it so I cant comment on how good it is, but I think I am going to buy it, as my kids want a tree house as well.

Scott Schwake
09-24-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm currently helping somebody build one, they have this book which gave us some ideas:
http://tinyurl.com/ybea3l4
I think they may have bought it at HD.

brian dulisse
09-24-2009, 4:29 PM
i built one a couple of years ago. a reasonable place to start is the project in "dangerous book for boys" - you can find that on amazon. my son wanted something a bit more grand, so i just googled various combinations of "treehouse" "building" and "plans" or somesuch and found gobs of material. the most important part is calculating the load for the bolts you use to attach the 2x(8, 10, 12)s to the tree to support the floor joists. past that it really depends on what you want the treehouse to look like . . .

fwiw, this served as my son's real introduction to power tools; by the time we were done he was insisting on operating the chop saw . . .