PDA

View Full Version : Question about CorelDRAW X4

Kelly Klaas
09-23-2009, 5:56 PM
I'm currently using CorelDRAW 12 Trial version just to make sure it would work with my laser engraver...and it does. But, you can't get 12 anymore. Looks like I need to get X4. To make v12 work on my engraver I used the following menu path....TOOLS, OPTION, CUSTOMIZATION, COMMAND BARS, and checked VISUAL BASIC APPLICATIONS. I tried a trial version of X4 and VISUAL BASIC APPLICATIONS was not on the menu tree to choose. I'm thinking maybe it was because it was a trial version, I don't know. But before I plunk down the $$ for X4, can someone using X4 tell me if the above procedure is the same in the user version of X4 as I described for 12? And if not, where would I find that choice to check in X4.

Thanks in advance for your help. I've always gotten great advice on this forum.

Kelly in Idaho
Jamieson MT-530 45 watts.

Phil Salvati
09-23-2009, 6:09 PM
Kelly,

It would help if you put your machine type in your signature so others can help with comparable situations.

You can still get 13 if you don't want to go for the higher priced 14 version. Check Ebay....some great deals on the program there.

P

Kelly Klaas
09-23-2009, 6:20 PM
Thanks Phil,

I'm using a Jamieson MT-530 45 watt. Yes, you've probably never heard of it. It's an import. But seems to work very nice. All I could afford for now.

Thanks again

Kelly

Scott Erwin
09-23-2009, 8:08 PM
I'm currently using CorelDRAW 12 Trial version just to make sure it would work with my laser engraver...and it does. But, you can't get 12 anymore. Looks like I need to get X4. To make v12 work on my engraver I used the following menu path....TOOLS, OPTION, CUSTOMIZATION, COMMAND BARS, and checked VISUAL BASIC APPLICATIONS. I tried a trial version of X4 and VISUAL BASIC APPLICATIONS was not on the menu tree to choose. I'm thinking maybe it was because it was a trial version, I don't know. But before I plunk down the $$ for X4, can someone using X4 tell me if the above procedure is the same in the user version of X4 as I described for 12? And if not, where would I find that choice to check in X4.

Thanks in advance for your help. I've always gotten great advice on this forum.

Kelly in Idaho
Jamieson MT-530 45 watts.

What is it that you are wanting to do?

If I remember correctly, VBA is NOT included with the Trial and Student/Academic versions since X3.

VBA is an application, used (mostly) for example in recording macros in Corel. If 12 worked with your engraver X4 (14) should work. I started with 10, then to 12 then to X4- Yea I know never get an even number of Corel but it has worked great for me so far. All prior versions worked without any problems also.

You can still find v12 on E-Bay as well as X3.

James Leonard
09-24-2009, 12:40 PM
What is it that you are wanting to do?

If I remember correctly, VBA is NOT included with the Trial and Student/Academic versions since X3.

VBA is an application, used (mostly) for example in recording macros in Corel. If 12 worked with your engraver X4 (14) should work. I started with 10, then to 12 then to X4- Yea I know never get an even number of Corel but it has worked great for me so far. All prior versions worked without any problems also.

You can still find v12 on E-Bay as well as X3.

Hi,

VBA is DEFINITELY included with both the trial and academic version of X4. The menu is now called 'Macros'. Visual Basic is no longer mentioned by name at all but it is there.

-James

Kelly Klaas
09-24-2009, 3:21 PM
Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. That helps a LOT!

Kelly

Kelly Klaas
09-24-2009, 9:02 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to install the driver for the engraver (import model, Jamieson MT-530) into X4. It installs fine in version 12 but X4 menu structure is a little different. THe manual for the engraver only tells how to do it in version 12 as I outlined above. This engraver doesn't use a printer driver as many of them do...it's a special driver that is installed by using LaserCut...then CorelDRAW 12 finds it when you go through the procedure above. But X4 doesn't have the same procedure. And since I'm having a difficult time finding V12 since Corel has moved up to X4, I'm thinking about getting X4 but I don't want to do that until I've confirmed that X4 will work with it.

Thanks again

Kelly