PDA

View Full Version : There is still time

Jim King
09-23-2009, 5:53 PM
If you have the time you can still get here. The race has become quite an international gathering.

http://www.iquitostimes.com/race_2009.htm

Eric Larsen
09-23-2009, 6:37 PM
If you have the time you can still get here. The race has become quite an international gathering.

http://www.iquitostimes.com/race_2009.htm

Too little notice.

Can I come next year? (I'm halfway serious.) Can my wife and I crash at your sawmill?

Jim King
09-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Eric:

We would be happy to have you here and give you the complete tour. Sawmills , the Amazon , a little Peacock Bass and Pirañha fishing etc..

Eric Larsen
09-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Just brought it up with SWMBO. It's now more than "halfway serious." We've both had Peru on our bucket list for far too long!

kenmiller saas
09-24-2009, 2:45 AM
May be I will come after three months with my girl frnd. Can you provide full facilities?

Jim King
09-27-2009, 1:00 PM
Ken:

If you do a Google on Iquitos you will find a good selection on what is available here in Iquitos. There are new clean hotels with hot showers, cable , air cond. etc from $30 to $50 a day. We do have one expensive hotel and I have no idea why it is expensive.

Many tours, cruises and jungle lodges available. Iquitos is the largest city in the world with no road going to it. The public transport system consists of over 20,000 three wheeled motor taxies. Hondas and a variety of Chinese models , it is like being in a never ending chariot race.

The best restaurant costs about $7 for a meal that you have a hard time finishing. Ice cold beer is $1.25 a litre in most places.

We have a colorful group of cast off expats living here that are an endless source of stories about all parts of the world. And all stories are sworn to be true over a few Rum and Cokes.

Peru has large population living in poverty, the country has very little debt and the Peruvian stock exchange over the last 12 months was the best for growth in the world. It all defies logic but it is the way it is.

To sum it up you would enjoy a visit here.