09-22-2009, 11:38 AM
MJ memorial plaque.

Clara Koss
09-22-2009, 12:32 PM
why? for whom?

Dan Hintz
09-22-2009, 1:24 PM
Clara,

Miguel is in Portugal. Barring the tiny group in the US, a surprisingly large group of internationals still worship the guy's talent and morn his loss to the world. Here in the states, he is/was looked upon mostly as a side amusement for the tabloids, so I can understand the question.

Dee Gallo
09-22-2009, 2:09 PM
Since when do ANY of us need an excuse to engrave something?

I've done my share of idle, wanton engraving for no good reason... that's what the learning curve is for and the most fun part of owning a laser.

Keep it up, Miguel, for whatever reason! BTW- nice job on the memorial.

cheers, dee

AL Ursich
09-22-2009, 3:02 PM
I saw it earlier and my first thought was Copywright.... Clicked on his profile seeing the visit Portugal and thought.... He is most likely safe from the L o n g copyright ARM of the Jackson Family.....:eek:

I saw something about moving something to Las Vegas to make a Visitor Center.... ie... Cash Cow.... :D

I wouldn't visit it.... Liked the music when I was young but recent history has turned me off....

AL

Dan Hintz
09-22-2009, 3:20 PM
I wouldn't visit it.... Liked the music when I was young but recent history has turned me off....
Funny, my SO says the same thing about Mel Gibson's recent history. She rants about him being an anti-semite (she's Jewish) whenever I watch something with him in it, going so far as to throw away all DVDs she owned with him in it. I told her I don't care what his personal beliefs are, I usually just enjoy his acting skill.

I loved to listen to Michael Jackson... also when I was younger. I still believe his music is good, but it simply doesn't fit my everyday taste anymore. There's a reason he was called Whacko Jacko... but it doesn't/shouldn't take anything away from his talent as a musician, choreographer, or showman.

Frank Corker
09-22-2009, 3:34 PM
Is it someone we should know? Engraving turned out very well Miguel.

Miguel Pinho
09-22-2009, 4:05 PM
Thanks you all for your opinion on the laser work.
Why Michael Jackson? because i love is music, and why not provide a little tribute to someone we like...everybody makes mistakes in life, never forget that.
I'll Never forget is concert in Lisbon in 1992.
MJ family has no copyright power in Portugal. Besides, a lot of powerfull people are using is image more than ever to make money. Me..i'm only a small bussinnes man.

Thank you all.

Next memorial plaque is for Patrick.

Regards

Miguel

Bill Cunningham
09-22-2009, 9:42 PM
Next memorial plaque is for Patrick.

Regards

Miguel

Patricks Gone? I was not aware..
Spongebob must be devastated ... :eek:

Sorry.. it was just one of those things I could not resist:)