PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone?

Jim Kountz
09-21-2009, 9:55 PM
Hey gang, its been quite a while since Ive posted anything to the Creek and thought I would drop in and say hello. Hope this finds everyone doing well. Hope all my wacky vortex friends are still going round and round!!

Anyone heard from Dewey Torres??

David Christopher
09-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Hey Jim, where have you been ? its good to here from you. hope you are doing well and will hang around awhile

Brian Kent
09-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Good to hear from you. You are always lifting people up here with your comments. I appreciate it!

Brian

Steve Schlumpf
09-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Jim - good to hear from you! I figured you were probably out on tour! Haven't heard a peep from Dewey - hope he is doing OK!

What you been up to?

glenn bradley
09-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Hi Jim. Good to hear from you. No Dewey sightings by me either I'm afraid.

kenmiller saas
09-22-2009, 1:44 AM
I'm fine. Looking great things and doing well. Thank you....

Jim Kountz
09-22-2009, 2:04 AM
Hey Steve, good to see you and Glenn and a few other familiar faces are still here. The band has taken alot of my time lately, when the new CD came out in May things kind of went nuts for a while which was very good for the band. We added a fifth member and took on alot of shows. We are headed to Nashville next week for IBMA which is bluegrass musics' weeklong annual gathering and awards show. We have 3 showcases this year!!
I still do some turning when I can and am quite addicted to it still. I dont think I will ever stop music or turning completely.

Belinda Barfield
09-22-2009, 7:57 AM
Jim,

Good to hear from you. Congrats on all the good news with the band! Can we say we knew you when? :D

Steve Schlumpf
09-22-2009, 8:45 AM
Jim - is your band playing at the IBMA? If so, when?

Brian Kent
09-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Jim, what's the name of your band? Can we get a taste on youtube?

And be the way, good to hear from you too, Belinda!

Brian

Steve Schlumpf
09-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Brian - unless they changed the name of the band - it's "Lonesome Highway" and they have a number of videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlKJotQ8_QA&feature=channel_page

Sit back and enjoy - these guys are good!

Brian Kent
09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks Steve.

I just found this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MisKFY6Tfk

Brian

Belinda Barfield
09-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks Steve and Brian. What a treat! Now all we have to do is plan a Creeker gathering, hire Jim's band to play, find someone to take charge of cooking the pig, and we got ourselves a party!

John Keeton
09-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Well, here is the problem as I see it. Jim is known for his legs (some think that is a reference to his cabriole legs on the lowboy), but having now seen the videos and particularly Jim's lower extremities, long pants should be required of at least the lead singer at any creeker gathering:eek::D:D

Notwithstanding that shock, the music was great!!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Well, here is the problem as I see it. Jim is known for his legs (some think that is a reference to his cabriole legs on the lowboy), but having now seen the videos and particularly Jim's lower extremities, long pants should be required of at least the lead singer at any creeker gathering:eek::D:D

Notwithstanding that shock, the music was great!!

Slapping my legs......ROTFL!:D