PDA

View Full Version : pre major wood gloat, and question

curtis rosche
09-21-2009, 8:54 PM
a huge maple tree fell down in town and i have been able to get it. the lady wants to see some of my work before she gives away some of her favorite tree. im going to make some stuff for her out of it ( alot). i will put pictures up of the tree as soon as i can. i forgot to take my camera with me today and wont get a chance to get some till wensday. but i will tell you that this is one of those once in a life time scores. maple about 3ft across. covered in burl from the ground to about 7ft up. it has a ivy vine on it big enough for small bowls or large goblets. i have been waiting and watching this tree for years. i almost crashed the car into a street sign when i saw the tree was down. (dont worry no one got hurt, didnt even hit anything)

heres the question. she said that she would like to keep part of the tree and put it in her flowerbed. is there a way that i can offer to make it so that it wont rot, or fall apart? like some kind of finish or epoxy or something?

this is one of those trees that i dont care what i make from it, i just wanna be able to have the chance to work the wood. even if i had to pay for it and wasnt able to keep anything from it. its gonna be a major "you suck" when you see the pictures. i cant wait to cut it up:D:D:D:):):)