PDA

View Full Version : In case the picture police aren't satisfied...

Bob Winkler
09-17-2004, 9:41 AM
I hate to keep throwing pics at you guys, but because I'm a new member, I have some catching up to do.

I thinks it helps for you guys to understand me better, if I tell you about "my work" binder. After I complete a project I'm proud of, I document it by making a PowerPoint slide with pictures and text, explaining why and how I built the piece, and anything interesting about it (cost of material, etc.). I print out the slide on archival card stock, protect with a plastic sleeve, and include it with my other works in a 3-ring binder.

Ok, so I'm a little anal. I do all this for a couple of reasons. It helps my poor memory when in a few years I look back to answer questions how I did something. Plus, since most of my work becomes a gift to someone, maybe when I'm gone, this record will seem important to those I left behind. Ok,so I'm anal and sappy.

I attached pics of a blanket chest and nightstand pair I made for my daughter when she moved out into the world (into a condo). She has an old Hitchcock (for you CT Creekers) BR set, and it was missing nightstands. So I built these to match the wood and stain of the Hitchcock pieces. They are hard maple, with a medium brown custom mix stain. The blanket chest (we she afffectionately calls her "coffin"), was from plans in Fine Woodworking. I wished I had made it a little smalller- it weighs a ton.

OK, enough of me for now. Thanks for looking.

Bob

Russell Svenningsen
09-17-2004, 9:49 AM
Very nice work! Beautiful figure in that wood!

As for being "anal and sappy", well, that's okay. I think you'll find you're in pretty good company around these here parts! :rolleyes:

*HIJACK ALERT*
Reminder: Sunday, the 19th is "National Talk-Like-a-Pirate Day!" :D

Celebrate with yer matey's, or prepare to be keelhauled!

Tyler Howell
09-17-2004, 10:05 AM
I Matey!

The Pix Patrol is very happy,:D ...... but ever vigilant of slackers and stealth gloats:mad:

Very Nice Bob. Thanks for sharing;)