PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
09-21-2009, 8:38 AM
21 Sep 2009

Good Morning,
Wow, where has this year gone!!!
I still have wood that needs splitting and stacking, but we have had so much rain over the last week and a half that everything looks like spring with tall grass and everything green and blooming. Now that we actually got some sunshine yesterday and we're supposed to have nice weather today, I may actually make it out in the shop for a bit today.

Been putting in some unreal hours at the day job and with fewer people and getting more and more work? Makes it really difficult to enjoy your job or to have any life other than work. I do squeeze in family time and try to spend time with my kids when I get a chance to do so.

This week, I'm putting the finish on an American Girl Doll bed, seeing if I can repair a chair (my 1st attempt at it), and trying to catch up on the sleep I lost last week due to work.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jon Stinson
09-21-2009, 8:57 AM
I drove up to my parents house (since I sold mine and all my tools went to live with them for a while) and build a keepsake box (http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=120722) for my cousin's 14th birthday

Ken Fitzgerald
09-21-2009, 9:10 AM
Friday night, we attended a retirement dinner for a co-worker in Spokane, WA.

Saturday we shopped for lighting and then went to Woodcraft. I bought a General International tilting benchtop moritiser, sharpener, drill doctor, etc.

Sunday we drove to Walla Walla, WA for a cookout for our local team. Got home about 5:30 p.m. The LOML has gotten a crazy idea about replacing the interior doors in our house. So....to HD and looked at hollow core and solid wood interior doors.

End of the month...end of the quarter at work. It will be a crazy week.

ROY DICK
09-21-2009, 9:18 AM
I tried out the new joinery system I got last week.
Did a few turnings, but this was the main project.
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/fast_joint_system.html
Bolivian rose wood with tiger wood.

Roy

JohnT Fitzgerald
09-21-2009, 9:49 AM
Went to a friend's cookout on Saturday, and my nephew's 1st Communion yesterday. Talk about getting great weather for a party - both days were absolutely perfect weather.

I did manage to spend some time cleaning up the garage and my workshop - both had gotten to the point where too much "stuff" was in the way, so basically I had to clean and organize a little, and vacuum.

Jim O'Dell
09-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Finished laying the tile in the guest bedroom Sat am. Cleaned off all the thinset from the tiles I set the week before, mowed the yard. Sun cleaned the thinset off the tiles I laid on Sat. Then wiped everything down, including the walls. Ready to grout now, but not looking forward to it!!!;) Did get into the shop for one cut on the closet shelf bracing. Had to cut some since the tile raised the floor a little. Other than that, I rested and watched the Rangers implode early afternoon, and last night the Cowboys. The Boys were ahead when I went to bed!! So mostly a restful weekend. Jim.

Rod Sheridan
09-21-2009, 2:17 PM
I went to a vintage motorcycle group meeting on Saturday.

Sunday I drove to Montreal with a stack of test equipment in the van for UPS maintenance Sunday at midnight.

Tonight it's a battery discharge test, then back home to Toronto Tuesday afternoon.

Regards, Rod.

Joe Mioux
09-21-2009, 4:01 PM
worked, cut grass, started turning a bowl. looked for china cabinet plans