PDA

View Full Version : Too Tall Lasering

Peter Meacham
09-19-2009, 9:02 PM
Does anyone have a solution to lasering the tops of items (Wine Bottle boxes) that are too tall to fit under the laser head (even with the table in the fully down position)?

Scott Erwin
09-19-2009, 9:21 PM
What size box are you trying to laser on? The wine boxes I have engraved are about 5" tall and they fit easily under my head.
Are you meaning the edges which could measure about 15" ?
Then I could see you having a problem.

The boxes I engrave on are about 15w x 5h x 5d or the double boxes which are about 9d.

Rodne Gold
09-19-2009, 9:29 PM
You can most likely either remove or dismantle the table for extra clearance .. possible but not adviseable...
Sometimes you just gotta say "no - I can't do it"

Dee Gallo
09-19-2009, 10:02 PM
You can most likely either remove or dismantle the table for extra clearance .. possible but not adviseable...
Sometimes you just gotta say "no - I can't do it"

Boy, I'd think it would be easier to dismantle the wine box!

But really, if I was going to quote that job, I'd suggest a nice stick on material, even if it was wood you could use wood veneer.

cheers, dee

Peter Meacham
09-20-2009, 4:23 PM
Thanks for your inputs Dee and Rodney - I am trying to find the box maker and get the tops (ends) of the boxes before he puts them together - I think the contract will be in the hundreds of boxes, so it is worthwhile to do a little research.

curtis rosche
09-20-2009, 4:26 PM
just pull the end off the box. or ask the people if they can give you the box ends before they are put on