PDA

View Full Version : Corel - Assigning node point with relative positioning?

Randy Digby
09-19-2009, 2:14 PM
Let me see if I can explain this right the first time around. Using the pen tool, I place a node on the drawing. I want to be able to enter (from keyboard) the relative location (X distance, Y distance) of the next node in relation to the current node.

With Engravelab, this option (along with absolute positioning) pops up in the toolbar when the pen tool is selected, but I haven't been able to find it in Corel. It must be there somewhere...I hope.

Thanks.

Garrett Nors
09-19-2009, 2:21 PM
Very good question...in X3 I don't see the option to do this...the only way I would think that you could do it is to make a small circle (.005 x .005 or something) and move them with the x and y coord boxes, then take your pen tool and use those as a quadrant....

Hopefully someone has a better answer than me!

Randy Digby
09-19-2009, 9:47 PM
Ok...Found something close. After first selecting a drawing tool (pen), then turn on Dynamic Guides (Alt+Shift+D or View>Dynamic Guides). After the second node is set, a preset guideline is displayed with a dimension box calling out the distance from the last node. The cursor acts like a snap-to to the next node. The snap-to grid dimensions as well as the Dynamic Gridline angles are set up in Tools>Options>Workspace>Dynamic Guides. Not exactly what I was looking for but it serves the purpose and is a neat tool once you figure it out.