PDA

View Full Version : Central States BBQ.

Steve Jenkins
09-16-2004, 2:16 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone headed in that direction to have fun this weekend. I know it will be great.Y'all take care and be careful on the road. Steve

Dennis Peacock
09-16-2004, 2:25 PM
Pack-Pack-Pack...........Pant-pant-pant...!!!!!!! :eek:

Think-Think-Think.........Wait a minute...I can't seem to think any more.!! :eek: :D

I'm so excited.....I will have to take a sleeping pill tonight so I can get some sleep.!!!

LV Stuff for door prizes packed ------ Check
Show-N-Tell Item packed ----------- Check
Wood item for Clardy packed -------- Check
Tormek and accessories packed ----- Check
Bowl gouge packed ----------------- Check
Nova Chuck and accessories packed - Check
Turning stock for Kevin G. packed --- Check
Turning stock for Terry Q. packed --- Check
Items for ladies door prizes Packed -- Check
Family packing stuff for leaving ------ Check
LOML making desserts for BBQ ------- Check

See ya at the BBQ.

Steve, sure wish you could have made it...even for one day. Maybe next year. But at least I'll see ya in Dallas next month. :)

Chris Padilla
09-16-2004, 2:54 PM
Hmmm,

SmartBases door prizes packed ------ Check
Couple set of clothers packed ----- Check
Turning stock, Walnut packed ----- Check
Checks for Campbell, Diemer, and Browning written and packed ----- Check
Suitcase big enough for Besseys I hope ----- Check
Plane Itinerary in front of me ----- Check
Permission to bail from work at 3:15 pm established ----- Check

See you tonight, Mr. Coffelt ----- Check?? ;)

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-16-2004, 3:23 PM
I'll be doing the same thing starting about 4:30 this evening. I THINK I have everything covered on the list? I will be hitting Arkie Land tomorrow around noonish or so. Weather looks great..............gonna be a BIG TIME in Springdale this weekend.

Can't wait to "Git 'er Done"! :D

Terry Hatfield
09-16-2004, 3:26 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone headed in that direction to have fun this weekend. I know it will be great.Y'all take care and be careful on the road. Steve

Sorry you can't make it Steve!!!! We'll see ya in BigD!!!!

t

Steve Clardy
09-16-2004, 3:35 PM
OH YEA!!!!!! Guess I better. Only thing I've got done is fill up the billfold.:eek:

Clean truck.
Pack pen blanks.
Pack PC gun. [DOOR PRIZE!!:eek:]
Pack smart guide and saw.
Cooler full of coke for the trip.

Hey Dennis. You got 2-3 extra stones for your Tormex? lol

Denny Lawson
09-16-2004, 3:35 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o

Terry's "outfit" is just down the road from me but I can't make it:mad: :mad:

Y'all have fun;) :D

Terry Hatfield
09-16-2004, 3:42 PM
Terry's "outfit" is just down the road from me but I can't make it:mad: :mad:

Y'all have fun;) :D

Denny,

Sorry you won't be able to make it. It's gonna be a big time you know!!!! :D

t

Terry Hatfield
09-16-2004, 3:45 PM
BTW.....

OK, I'm done...I meant I quit...er...I mean I'm ready for the party!!!!

I even mowed the yard for Dennis. :D :D

Everybody drive, fly, swim or whatever safely!!!!!

c ya'll soon,

t

Jim Becker
09-16-2004, 4:35 PM
I hope everyone has a great time at the BBQ in Arkie-land--even Mr. Padilla! 'Wish I could join you, but it's not on the travel cards this week. Safe travels to everyone!

Chris Padilla
09-16-2004, 4:36 PM
Darn it...just realized I forgot the camera! Doh!!! :(

Jim Becker
09-16-2004, 4:38 PM
Darn it...just realized I forgot the camera! Doh!!!

You, of all people. Sheesh!

Joe Meazle
09-16-2004, 4:40 PM
Well guys it looks like I will have to come to the office Fri I am going to ry to make it up Sat. I think I may have a proxy to go to the game in LR. I am looking foward to meeting you all. I just hope Dennis doesn't turn you all against me before I get there. You know waht a mean guy he is. Oh a few prayers for my pick up making the drive might help. Dennis I might need a ride home.
Travel safe.
Joe

Greg Heppeard
09-16-2004, 5:19 PM
Ok....let's see.......
Turning blocks ($1500 worth)..........check
Lumber: 4/4 quilted maple............check
bocote..............check
bloodwood........check
lacewood..........check
bubinga...........check
curly maple......check
Nic. walnut...... check
pen kits...........check
camera............check
Hmmmmmmmmm seems like I'm forgetting something......

Greg Heppeard
09-16-2004, 5:20 PM
Oh yeah...........PC router..........check

Shawn Battagler
09-16-2004, 5:23 PM
Man, it really kills me that I can't make it. Wife's office get together in Branson I'm told is not optional. And Sunday I'll be at Arrowhead (could be worse :)).

Any of you guys comming through Springfield on your way south, feel free to look me up to tour Ballew or Grizzly. I might even be willing to point you in the right direction for some decent grub if you're here around eatin' time.

Have fun all.

Chris Padilla
09-16-2004, 5:32 PM
Birdseye maple??? :D

Chris Padilla
09-16-2004, 5:34 PM
Man, it really kills me that I can't make it. Wife's office get together in Branson I'm told is not optional. And Sunday I'll be at Arrowhead (could be worse :)).

Any of you guys comming through Springfield on your way south, feel free to look me up to tour Ballew or Grizzly. I might even be willing to point you in the right direction for some decent grub if you're here around eatin' time.

Have fun all.
Shawn,

Scott Coffelt, Jack Diemer, myself, a mystery friend of Jacks, and perhaps even Mr. Steven Clardy will be at the Griz plant to drool all over that fine and shiny cast iron sometime during the day on Friday before we head further south into hurricane country (well, it is to me!) :)

PM me or Scott or Jack a number and perhaps we can bug you when we arrive? :D

Steve Clardy
09-16-2004, 5:35 PM

Have fun all.
Well Hi Shawn. I shop at Griz and Ballews. Jack and the guys at Ballews are great.
My truck seems to get to those two places on it's own anymore. lol
Steve

Steve Clardy
09-16-2004, 5:40 PM
Cool!!!!!!!!

Steve

Waymon Campbell
09-16-2004, 6:02 PM
Osborne EB-3 Miter Gauge for demo ----- Check
Forrest WWII blade for door prize ----- Check
Left over FPP blanks donated by Todd Burch ----- Check
Nikon D70 for pix taking ----- Check
'Extra' money for stop at Curly Woods ----- Check
$500.00 FPP Matching Funds check for Ken S.----- Check
Appetite ----- Check

Anticipation of all the good times ----- Priceless :D

Dennis Peacock
09-16-2004, 6:12 PM

Oh....NOT funny Greg......!!!! We would have to haul you BACK to Tulsa to get it and drag you back.!!! :eek: :p :D

Greg Heppeard
09-16-2004, 9:27 PM
Birdseye maple??? :D The birdseye we have has been picked over quite a bit...didn't get the new shipment in time. :(

Steve Jenkins
09-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Waymon stopped by for a visit on his way to Curly Woods and then the BBq at Terry's. We shot the breeze for about an hour and a half or so. I imagine it was a nice break for him after driving from Baytown. Of course who knows how long he will spend at Curly Woods which means who knows when he will arrive in Arkansas. Steve

Zahid Naqvi
09-17-2004, 2:16 PM
Man! I was so looking forward to this, but I'll be one of the casualties as well. My Mother and Father in law are leaving Sat morning to head back home (Pakistan), so I have to go see them off from Memphis.
Be sure to start a thread on the daily happenings, with lotsa pictures.

Donnie Raines
09-17-2004, 2:31 PM
After checking the list if items that you guys...uhhh...checked I realized you did not pack the most important thing of all....clean underwear and a toothbrush..

Have a great time guys!

Shawn Battagler
09-17-2004, 5:46 PM
Well, the directionally challenged group from K.C. (plus a Californian) were last sighted near a Popeye's Fried Chicken somewhere between Ballew Saw and Tool and the Grizzly showroom. Any of you guys from Texas should keep an eye out for 'em on your way up and turn 'em back around toward Arkansas if you do see 'em down your way. Or, if they get far enough west, you might have 'em go ahead and drop Padilla by his place before heading back. In any event, they are expected at the CSBBQ sometime in early spring.

Good to meet you guys. Have fun.

Larry Browning
09-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Well, the directionally challenged group from K.C. (plus a Californian) were last sighted near a Popeye's Fried Chicken somewhere between Ballew Saw and Tool and the Grizzly showroom. Any of you guys from Texas should keep an eye out for 'em on your way up and turn 'em back around toward Arkansas if you do see 'em down your way. Or, if they get far enough west, you might have 'em go ahead and drop Padilla by his place before heading back. In any event, they are expected at the CSBBQ sometime in early spring.

Good to meet you guys. Have fun.
Well, I just got home from the Friday night doins at the CSBBQ and I can tell you that Chris P and the KC bunch made it in around 7:30 or so. It sure was great to meet so many fellow creekers. Terry cooks a pretty good burger. Dennis sharpened all my lathe chisels and I took a couple of pics. Only the one of Dennis sharpening my chisels turned out. I promise I will do better tomorrow.

Larry

Frank Pellow
09-18-2004, 11:00 AM
I wish all the attendees a great time!

I am soory that I am missing such a great opportunity to meet so many of my SMC friends in person. Hope to make it to one of these events next year.

Waymon Campbell
09-19-2004, 7:05 PM
Waymon stopped by for a visit on his way to Curly Woods and then the BBq at Terry's. We shot the breeze for about an hour and a half or so. I imagine it was a nice break for him after driving from Baytown. Of course who knows how long he will spend at Curly Woods which means who knows when he will arrive in Arkansas. Steve

Steve - I enjoyed our visit very much. It was a pleasure to finally meet you in person. You do beautiful work! I'll see you again on October 23rd.