PDA

View Full Version : SawStop PCS Elevation/Tilt Issue?

Vic Barton
09-18-2009, 11:37 PM
I just took delivery of my new SawStop PCS Cabinet Saw. During assembly I noticed that the elevation lock does not seem to do anything at all. I can still move the blade up and down with just a very slight resistance. The Tilt Lock does offer more resistance, but I can still tilt the blade. I double and tripled check that I installed the proper wheel lock. My previous saw was a Bosch 4001, which did not have an elevation lock at all. So, being new to a full fledged cabinet saw, is this normal or do I have a lemon?

Thanks for any input

VB

Andy Sowers
09-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Mine doesn't have that problem... if you snug up the center locks, it pretty much prevents the wheels from rotating.

I do seem to recall (its been several months) that the two center locks were NOT interchangeable... meaning you need to make sure you put the proper one on the right wheel. Dont know if that's an issue or not for you.

Having said all this, I find that the wheels pretty much stay where you put them even without locking them down...

Andy

Vic Barton
09-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Yep, I just went and played with both for 30 or so min. The longer wheel lock goes in the elevation handle and shorter wheel lock in the Tilt handle.

Vic Barton
09-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Still no luck. I 'll contact my dealer tomorrow and SawStop on Monday.

David Schmaus
09-19-2009, 8:34 AM
Hey Vic,

Mine is the same way.. I can really snug them down and they do make them hard to turn but not impossible. To tell you the truth, I tighten the tilt but just leave the height adjustment loose... Post your reply from SawStop if you would...

Barry Vabeach
09-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Vic, I have the field tester version, and have never even tried to lock the evlevation - it seems to hold its postion without being locked - so you should be able to use it without problems till they straighten it out. Did yours come with the new guard with dust collection - if so, how does it work?

Vic Barton
09-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes, it came with the new guard. I'm still putting it together, so I haven't fired it up yet. But will post w/ pics hopefully later today or tomorrow.

VB

Vic Barton
09-21-2009, 12:08 PM
SawStop is sending me a longer elevation lock that should fix the problem.