PDA

View Full Version : High School Football - Gridlock?

Joe Pelonio
09-18-2009, 9:35 PM
What a commute home today. We have just a few ways up to the plateau where Sammamish is located, and most are under construction. We also have 3 high schools, within one mile. Tonight we have Eastlake playing a local rival from Woodinville, Eastside Catholic playing an out-of-town guest team, and the big one: Skyline is playing Oaks Christian from Southern CA, three of their star players are the sons of Wayne Gretzky, Joe Montana and Will Smith, who all are expected to show up. That game is on ESPNU at 7pm. Luckily I know some back road alternatives. Yes, I have the TV warming up and pizza in the oven. Tickets for that game sold out a long time ago at $5 each and are selling on E-bay and Craig's list for $50+.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2009-09-16-oakschrist-nmontana_N.htm

Neal Clayton
09-19-2009, 2:14 AM
high school football is more like pro football isn't it ;).

i've lived in two prospect hotbeds personally. longview/marshall/tyler in east texas, and then my dad lives in hahnville down in louisiana (laron landry came from there, redskins safety, and laron byrd, the up and coming receiver that had ~100 yards and a 1d on thursday for miami is from there as well. i believe landry's brother also plays in the ravens secondary).

when we moved to longview when i was a kid the first person we met after getting out of the car at a gas station? lou holtz...he was down there recruiting bobby taylor at the time.