PDA

View Full Version : Hang on Ken !!!!

Don Farr
09-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Another "dad burn" :eek: hurricane knocking at our backdoor. It is looking bad here in Georgia and they say the worst is yet to come. Hold on to your hat and be safe.

Kevin Beck
09-16-2004, 12:55 PM
My family is from just north of Pensacola and it looks like the eye passed over the area. I've talked to both my family and my in-laws and everyone is safe though my in-laws did lose more than 50% of their roof to a tornado. They were bailing water when we spoke to them earlier. It looks like the storm took the same path that Frederick did in 1979. We stayed through Frederick and had tornadoes everywhere around us.

If you want to see photos of the storm look at www.pensacolanewsjournal.com or www.al.com. Check out the truck on the East bound side of the I10 bridge over Escambia bay. What was the guy driving the truck thinking?

My manager has 2 homes on the barrier island of Pensaola Beach. He spoke to me this morning (he lives in Boulder, CO) and assumes that both homes are destroyed. The water was estimated at 10 - 12 feet on Pensacola Beach.

Kevin

Carl Eyman
09-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Hope Not. Some of the fire should be gone from Ivan by the time he gets that far north. Good Luck to all in its path. Hope the effect on you is as minimal as it was on us.

Jason Roehl
09-16-2004, 7:53 PM
As of about 45 minutes ago (6PM EST), I talked to my sister who lives on the other side of Huntsville from Ken. She said the eye was between them and Birmingham, winds were at about 45mph in Huntsville, gusting to 60, and about 2-3 inches of rain had fallen. Schools were called yesterday, and my BIL was let off work at noon today. She also said that the worst was yet to come, but utilities are buried, and Ivan had broken up quite a bit already, so it probably wouldn't be too bad. She also said they were scrapping any beach plans for next spring for two reasons: no beach left, and no way to get there (interstate bridge missing).

Ken Fitzgerald
09-16-2004, 8:34 PM
My youngest son is departing San Antonio, TX to repair damages to his MILs house in Milton....near Pensacola.