PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Height Assembly table video

Alan Schaffter
09-18-2009, 12:04 AM
I just shot my first digital video and Steven Spielberg or George Lucas I'm not!!

Though primitive, it gets the job done, and I am just learning. The next one will have a better actor and use digital editing software to add titles, transitions, etc. As the title of the post says the video is of my old adjustable height assembly table. (http://videos.americanwoodworker.com/video/Adjustable-Height-Assembly-Tabl)

Joe Jensen
09-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Alan that mechanism is ingeneous.

Leigh Betsch
09-18-2009, 7:54 AM
Pretty cool Alan. I like your wood working bench also. Following is a couple of pics of a simular mechanism I found on a lamp last summer. I figured I'd find a use for the mechanism sooner or latter. Looks like an assembly table is the perfect use.

Alan Schaffter
09-18-2009, 9:38 AM
Pretty cool Alan. I like your wood working bench also. Following is a couple of pics of a simular mechanism I found on a lamp last summer. I figured I'd find a use for the mechanism sooner or latter. Looks like an assembly table is the perfect use.

It was a lamp and mechanism just like that at my mother-n-law's house that gave me the idea for my legs a few years ago!

Stephen Edwards
09-18-2009, 10:04 AM
That's really slick! I bet you had fun building it, too.

glenn bradley
09-18-2009, 11:48 AM
The video is great Alan. I have really enjoyed watching the development but the video really drove home the ease of using this design. Thanks.

Scott Hildenbrand
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I just shot my first digital video and Steven Spielberg or George Lucas I'm not!!

Actually as far as image quality that's pretty good.. I'd recommend picking up a decent wireless mike however, which can be slipped into the back pocket and the clip placed near the neck.

See so many videos online with shoddy (not that yours is.. Actually not bad. Just alot of echo) audio.

RE: Lamp... Nice Yurt.. Interesting buildings. :)

Dave Sharpe
09-18-2009, 12:12 PM
I just bought two old massage tables at auction from the hospital where I work. Both have motorized lifts that go from about 18" high to 4' high. I plan to replace the padded top surface with a thick plywood top and use them as adjustable height assembly/work tables. The best thing is that I got them for $10 each, and even then was told "nobody ever bids on this stuff - you could have bid 50 cents each and got them." Check with your local hospital - they regulalry replace old equipment with new, and the old stuff is often quite usable.

Alan Schaffter
09-23-2009, 10:52 PM
New version here (http://videos.americanwoodworker.com/video/Adjustable-Height-Assembly-Ta-2).

Dave Mura
09-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Thank you!