PDA

View Full Version : KM-1 KerfMaker?

Scott Hildenbrand
09-17-2009, 8:56 PM
Was just surfing around the vast, brain sucking, empty space that is the internet and found this little light.

Anyone know much about this little tool or alternatives to it?

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/Products/KM-1+KerfMaker+Pre-Order

Kyle Iwamoto
09-17-2009, 9:12 PM
LOL A friend of mine just happened to find out about that too. I searched today and got nothing on this site. I think it's a REALLY cool tool to have........ Did you watch the u-tube video? You can make one.

I'd also be interested if anyone out there has some experience with it.

James Baker SD
09-17-2009, 9:35 PM
Bridge City (to my knowledge) has not started shipping them yet. The sent email about them a couple of months ago, tooks "pre-orders" and then made the number that were ordered. They should be shipping soon.

James

richard poitras
09-17-2009, 9:51 PM
I have one on pre order.:cool: Haven’t heard when there suppose to ship yet.:eek:

Bob Wingard
09-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I've made a few, loosely based on some other clones I saw on LumberJocks.com .. .. .. MANY ways to copy this thing, and they all work GREAT !! !! !!

Scott Hildenbrand
09-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, they're just doing pre-orders.. Didn't know if someone saw them at a vendors booth or anything while out and about.

Looks like a nifty little, simplistic gadget to use and I'm sure there are other jigs out there that do the same thing.

I'll have to dig around a bit and see if I can't pinpoint some.

Doug Shepard
09-18-2009, 6:09 AM
I've got 2 on pre-order. They just look too darn handy not to have. Do a search on the Lumberjocks forum. There's a thread there of a shopmade version where BCTW threw out an incredibly cool offer to mail the actual drawings to anyone who makes a $10 contribution to a scholarship fund at one of the WW schools (forget which one). Details are on that thread.

Rod Sheridan
09-18-2009, 8:51 AM
I'm amazed, someone does the exact same thing I was taught to do with a vernier caliper, except they've marketed it as a separate tool.

regards, Rod.

John Schreiber
09-18-2009, 9:19 AM
Pretty slick and one of the least expensive tools from Bridge City.

Here's the YouTube Link: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6_S6lZKLI>.

Noah Katz
09-18-2009, 2:01 PM
Slick.

But wouldn't there be a lot of times where you want the bottom of the cut to be nice and flat?

The grind on a lot of TS blades won't allow that.

Doug Shepard
09-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Just checking. Anybody received theirs yet? The BCTW site still says they're planning to ship in September which will be over tonight.

Gene Howe
09-30-2009, 4:05 PM
Slick.

But wouldn't there be a lot of times where you want the bottom of the cut to be nice and flat?

The grind on a lot of TS blades won't allow that.

The right blade will leave a flat bottom. http://www.freudtools.com/p-35-heavy-duty-ripbr-nbsp.aspx
I plan to use one of the outside blades of my stack dado set.

Gene Howe
09-30-2009, 4:06 PM
Just checking. Anybody received theirs yet? The BCTW site still says they're planning to ship in September which will be over tonight.

They emailed me that it will be shipped in a few weeks.

Doug Shepard
09-30-2009, 6:08 PM
Hope they make it by Halloween. How do they think I'm going to dial in those cuts on my pumpkin if they dont get shippin.:D