PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Herb Table

Bob Haskett
09-17-2009, 6:30 PM
My wife has a small herb table on the deck she uses. It is not stable, it does not fit many pots, and she needs a new one.

I thought it would be good for a second project for me to build her an outdoor herb table. Based on the pic below, does anyone have an idea in mind that I could build? I am just getting started, and do not know a whole lot about woodworking so I wanted to see if someone could help me out with the planning. All the tools I have access to at this point is a skil circular saw, and a drill. If I need to buy some inexpensive tools to do it I have no problem with that, but for at least another month or 2 I cannot buy a table saw, router, bandsaw or anything of that magnitude.

Her current table is attached. The new one needs to be about 16-20 inches wide, 30-35 inches tall, and 30-35 inches long.

John Thompson
09-18-2009, 9:14 AM
Bob... with the tools on hand I see no reason you couldn't do a basic white oak stand in box form much as a hall table without the frills. You can cut with the circular and drill bolt holes with the drill. I would use stainless steel bolts.. nuts and washers outside.

So.. nothing fancy is needed to hold some pots of various herbs. BTW.. I built a potting table for my SIL very similar with basically those tools even though I have about every major WW machine in my shop. You can too. ;)