PDA

View Full Version : Does Rub n Buff/Gilder's paste weather well?

John Noell
09-17-2009, 3:09 PM
I am wondering how well etched glass images color-filled with RnB or Gilder's paste) will hold up to weather (esp. tropical heat and humidity). Anyone know?

Frank Corker
09-17-2009, 3:56 PM
I have found what bit I did use which was outside faired pretty well, but I think we will wait, there is a guy in Fiji who is going to be doing some tests.

Dan Hintz
09-17-2009, 4:26 PM
:)

Brian Robison
09-17-2009, 8:07 PM
I put it on a glass and ran it through the dishwasher. It looked just like it did before I washed it. I was sold!

John Noell
09-17-2009, 9:15 PM
I put it on a glass and ran it through the dishwasher. It looked just like it did before I washed it. I was sold! That's got to be about as good as a tropical rainstorm!

Rodne Gold
09-18-2009, 2:42 AM
Does ok inside but over time they both dull a little ...but nothing to be concerned over - outside seems to last too - but bright golds and silvers tend to dull a lot more - I have perspex plaques with gold fill in a Cemetary ...some of which are 6 -7 yrs old and they still look ok...I did advise the church that these arent likely to last for eons.. but the cost factor vs something more permanent swayed em....
I have a lot of signage thts over 5 yrs old using gilders paste and there have been no complaints...
The laser leaves a rough surface and the stuff seems to key into the crevices big time , it's well nigh impossible to remove the fill even with solvents...

Andrea Weissenseel
09-19-2009, 2:20 AM
applied Gold on a porcelaine cup, it was my test cup that went through the dishwasher a couple times now and it still looks like freshly applied

Stuart Orrell
09-19-2009, 7:24 AM
Hi,

I haven't used rub n buff but have some to try. I read that it can be toxic. Do you know if it is safe after application?