PDA

View Full Version : Track saw owners, help

justin hart
09-16-2009, 4:37 PM
I have a new Dewalt track saw. It's my understanding that the dust ports on the Festool and Dewalt are the same (1 3/8" internal diameter). I need an adapter to make my 2 1/2" vacuum hose fit. My 2 1/2" to 1 1/4" fitting doesn't fit (too small). Does anyone know if this will? Or anything that will work.

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-906-49-2-Inch-Conversion-Fitting/dp/B0002FUOR2/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

Thanks for the help.

Chris Tsutsui
09-16-2009, 5:02 PM
My festool connects to a rubber hose that fits very snuggly into the saw so it doesn't come out. If you've got plastic and plastic, I think it may come out unless it's an absolute perfect fit...

On something else I had trouble with I ended up getting a rubber pipe coupling from the hardware store that uses a metal band clamp to tighten around the coupling.

This can help make it work if you can't find the exact size that will snug fit perfect.

Steven DeMars
09-16-2009, 8:32 PM
Get a second hose and Black Gorilla Duct Tape it . . .

Works well on my Dewalt Track Saw . . .

Doesn't look bad either . . .

Steve:D

Steve Southwood
09-16-2009, 9:27 PM
I use about 6 wraps of electrical tape around the smallest piece. Usually get a snug fit after that. Never comes loose while using.

Steve Kohn
09-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Check the Peachtree Woodworking Supply site. They have a good selection of plastic dust collection fittings.