PDA

View Full Version : Jet 1442

Mike Stephens
09-16-2009, 4:28 PM
All you 1442 owners where do you buy your 3v-250 drive belts. Do you oreder direct from Jet or do you buy a better quality belt from another vendor?

Bill Bolen
09-16-2009, 5:17 PM
5 years old or less email jet and they will send you a new one. I have not had to replace mine as of yet...Knock wood...Bill...

Mike Stephens
09-17-2009, 5:01 PM
Thanks Bill. I think it may be out of warranty. I bought it from Bob Sesti. Been haven a blast with it.

I want to rebuild the headstock but will have to see what that is going to cost me.

Bernie Weishapl
09-17-2009, 5:09 PM
Mike I am wondering if you could go to NAPA or someplace like that and have them cross it for you. On my C-man lathe I had they crossed the belt for it and it definitely lasted longer than the original.

Mike Stephens
09-17-2009, 6:30 PM
Mike I am wondering if you could go to NAPA or someplace like that and have them cross it for you. On my C-man lathe I had they crossed the belt for it and it definitely lasted longer than the original.

Berni that's worth a shot.

Thanks,
Mike

Bill Bolen
09-17-2009, 6:48 PM
Mike, Bob sure turned out some beautiful pieces on that jet! I sure hope it carries forward and does the same for you. I was wondering if he had bought a new lathe! He had made a reference sometime in the past that had me wondering. My buddy went to pep boys or autzone and got a new belt for his. Sorry don't know the particulars for part number ect. but he said it works great and only cost him about $6...Bill...

Mike Stephens
09-17-2009, 8:17 PM
Mike, Bob sure turned out some beautiful pieces on that jet! I sure hope it carries forward and does the same for you. I was wondering if he had bought a new lathe! He had made a reference sometime in the past that had me wondering. My buddy went to pep boys or autzone and got a new belt for his. Sorry don't know the particulars for part number ect. but he said it works great and only cost him about $6...Bill...

Going to a couple auto stores tomorrow to see If I can get 1 or 2.

Bob bought a 3520. He's a super nice guy and does some fantastic work. I think I am going to have to see If I can spend sometime with him this winter.

Thanks Again,
Mike

Mike Stephens
09-22-2009, 6:41 PM
I did not have time to take off the old belt until today. I wanted to bring it with me to the auto store.

I just did a search for v belts (3v-250 is what the manual calls for) I found a site selling them for $2.50 each. Am I not understanding something. Is this the right belt?

http://www.bestorq.com/BeltBuyList.asp