PDA

View Full Version : Hello...again for some

Denny Lawson
09-15-2004, 6:24 PM
Hello all,
Seeing all of these intro's the last couple of days and I realized that I never introduced myself. I recognized many of you from other forums and just kind of slid right on in:o

My name is Denny Lawson, I'm 43 and live in Tulsa, OK.

I've had the good fortune to communicate with many of you over the last year and enjoy the time I'm able to spend online.

I've been hit and miss for the last few months, 2004 took a nose dive for our family in early April when my son, John, passed away. He was in the Navy and had recently returned to San Diego from a cruise when he was involved in a traffic accident on his motorcycle. John would have been 25 a few weeks after his accident.

I took some time off work, and things are slowly picking back up in the shop.

Great news came to us on August 3rd when our grand daughter was born:D, her name is Olivia Grace. The only problem is my daughter and son in law live in Calif. and we live in OK. :(

My dad came out from Calif. to spend some time recently and we had the opportunity to do some projects together and he helped me build a shed in the back yard. We also built a King bed together, but stupid me didn't take any pictures:o

Here is some pics from a couple of things this year, I finally managed to get a Flag display case completed, this one is for my youngest daughter, the flag enclosed was presented to her at Johns service. I have another to build for the flag from his casket, but not ready to go there yet...this first one was very hard to build (emotionally)

Thanks for looking, good to "see" y'all again, and to those I haven't "met", Its a pleasure to meet you:)

Best Regards,
Denny

Denny Lawson
09-15-2004, 6:26 PM
continued.....

Thanks for looking....

Denny

Jason Tuinstra
09-15-2004, 6:34 PM
Denny, good to meet you. Your bandsaw box looks perfect!

Chris Padilla
09-15-2004, 6:55 PM
Denny,

Welcome to SMC. Beautiful pictures and the box and half-bad either! ;) How's about an avatar for you? :) No charge....

Dick Parr
09-15-2004, 8:43 PM
Welcome to the Creek Denny.

Jim Becker
09-15-2004, 8:44 PM
Denny--

Good to see your work and family pics. Keep it up! (I really like those boxes, too...)

Gary Max
09-15-2004, 9:29 PM
Your bandsaw boxes are Great. Can you tell me what size blade you are running to make them with.
Thanks

Denny Lawson
09-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Denny,

Welcome to SMC. Beautiful pictures and the box and half-bad either! ;) How's about an avatar for you? :) No charge....

Thanks Chris.......hoo boy, I shoulda worn a hat, that sun shining off my forehead is blinding:eek:

Denny:D

Ken Fitzgerald
09-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Denny.......Welcome to the 'Creek! Great looking projects and granddaughter!
Again......Welcome!

Denny Lawson
09-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Your bandsaw boxes are Great. Can you tell me what size blade you are running to make them with.
Thanks
Thanks Gary, The blade I use for BS boxes is my 3/16 x 10ppi Timberwolf, It leaves a nice clean cut and doesn't require a lot of touchup to remove the saw marks.

Denny

Donnie Raines
09-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Hey Denny!

Welcome to the Creek...wonderful group of people here. Thanks for sharing some of your work with us.

Denny Lawson
09-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Hey Denny!

Welcome to the Creek...wonderful group of people here. Thanks for sharing some of your work with us.
Thanks Donnie,
Did you move? I thought you were in Cinci?

Tyler Howell
09-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Welcome Denny, Glad to have you wade in the Creek. Heck here's another on that has done a double back somersault!;)

Mark Singer
09-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Welcome and very nice work! Happy creeking!:confused:

Chris Padilla
09-16-2004, 1:19 PM
Thanks Chris.......hoo boy, I shoulda worn a hat, that sun shining off my forehead is blinding:eek:

Denny:D
Denny, head into the OT section and look for SawMillCreek hats...they are the latest fab! I think you can still get in on the next round of orders.