PDA

View Full Version : G0513X2 Disassemble

Malcolm Wheeler
09-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Thinking of buying one of these but I have to get it down the basement stairs. Has anyone here managed to do this? Second, how much can it be taken apart into component pieces to take down the stairs piece by piece?

Thanks!

Cary Falk
09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
It is delivered assembled except for the table and fence. I haven't had to move it down a flight of stairs. You could leave off the table. Remove the motor. The upper and lower cast iron wheel are held on by cap screws. They could be removed for weight. Not much else can be removed in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. It took two of us to haul it up my steep driveway on a dolly. I wouldn't want to move down a stairs. Good luck. Great saw by the way.

jerry nazard
09-16-2009, 2:21 AM
An appliance dolly and some moving pads will get the job done. The center of gravity seems to be slightly below table height, so the saw is a bit awkward. Well worth the trouble. As Cary said, it's a great saw!

Rod Sheridan
09-16-2009, 8:13 AM
Malcolm, I did what Cary has suggested, remove the table and the two wheels, then use an appliance dolly to move it downstairs.

That's what my wife and I did with a similar sized saw.

Regards, Rod.

russell lusthaus
09-16-2009, 2:18 PM
I moved my 0513 down about 6 concrete steps into my basement. 3 guys were able to manhandle (I left it on the shipping palatte) it wo much problem. We even had low ceilings and headers to deal with.

Just get a case of beer and a pizza. Before you know it, it will in place.

Congrats. Great saw.