PDA

View Full Version : PM 2000 owners - a question

Bruce Wrenn
09-15-2009, 9:21 PM
The PM 2000 comes with a dust shroud around the blade. How effective is it at actually collecting ALL the saw dust from the blade? Does your saw still throw dust out the top of the blade? Thinking about adding a shroud to my Delta Contractor's saw, is the reason I'm asking. If it doesn't work, then I don't want to waste my time building one. Thanks in advance. Bruce

Rich Souchek
09-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Bruce,
On the PM2000, the shroud is pretty good at collecting the duxt that goes down inside the saw body if a dust collector is running.
However, some of the dust is thrown above the table top and this is not captured, not on any saw without a upper blade guard which incorporates dust collection.

On my old Delta contractor saw, a tight fitting wooden blade insert did the most good on keeping the dust inside the saw.
Rich S.

Dan Mitchell
09-15-2009, 10:34 PM
I have a PM2000 & am generally quite pleased with the dust collection.

Dan

Tom Hintz
09-16-2009, 2:10 AM
I also have the PM2000 and am happy with the dust collection. It's system works very well when hooked to a decent collector but NO dust system that does not totally surround a circular blade will be 100% effective. As long as part of the blade is above the table, it is going to sling some dust over the top. On the PM2000 with the blade guard in place I hardly notice dust o ver the top but it is there is some on the table afterwards. Of all the saws I have owned and tried, the PM2000 easily collects the most dust of any of them.

Tony De Masi
09-16-2009, 7:23 AM
I have a PM2000 and agree with Tom's assessment of the dust control. I recently went from a 1.5hp single stage collector to a 3hp cyclone and the difference was amazing.

Tony