PDA

View Full Version : What machine does this??

Miguel Pinho
09-15-2009, 5:11 AM
http://aljgranitos.no.comunidades.net/index.php?pagina=1123101953

Hello to all

A little help needed...What kind on machine does this color printing in stone, suitable for exterior environments?

Regards

Miguel Pinho

Dan Hintz
09-15-2009, 7:03 AM
Depends upon the stone... a relatively smooth stone, like marble or granite, could probably be dye subbed. Pictures of what you're after would help...

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
09-15-2009, 7:35 AM
If it s not a flat and 3 to 5 mm deviation in flat , you may go to flat bed printer, but maintenance is very difficulty..

if flat, pls try dyesub

Rgds,
Saravana kumar

Miguel Pinho
09-15-2009, 8:53 AM
This is black granite with a color print on it...this is suitable for exteriors, like memorial plaques. we call it here FOTOSTONE, and i think it has 20 years guarantee.

Regards

Miguel

Martin Boekers
09-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Check this sight out. It's not a cheap process. They can set you up for about $30,000.00.

http://www.enduring-images.com/

Marty

Dave Johnson29
09-15-2009, 10:52 AM
marble or granite, could probably be dye subbed.

Dan,

Miguel mentioned exterior and I don't think dye-sub is all that UV stable. I seem to recall reading here some time back that about 6 months outside it will seriously fade.

Miguel, someone here, it may have been Dee (my artistic hero :)), did some color fill for granite. He/she used various colors for different regions of the laser engraving. It was not a true-color thing but it looked really good.

Not sure what to search on here to find that posting, but maybe someone can give a better description of the process.

Dan Hintz
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Ah, kinda missed the outdoors part...

Miguel Pinho
09-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Hello Martin

The website you mentioned describes a process of photoceramic, its very good and durable, we use it here for photos on memorial plaques, but it only prints on ceramic tiles.
What i'm looking for, it prints in any kind of stone with flat surface, not ceramic...thank's anyway.
You can a get a printer like that in Spain for 8750€ with the kiln and tranfer paper and 4x250ml color inks included.

If anybody find something abou the stone colorprinting process let me now.

Regards

Miguel

Dee Gallo
09-15-2009, 2:00 PM
Miguel,

Are you referring to Atomic Art? There are several threads here about it (pros and cons) plus they have a website.

:) dee

Miguel Pinho
09-16-2009, 5:12 PM
Hello Dee

This is a not a laser process...this is paint in stone, like printer cartdriges.

Regards

Miguel

Dan Hintz
09-16-2009, 7:48 PM
This is a not a laser process...this is paint in stone, like printer cartdriges.
Then this probably isn't the appropriate forum to post this question in... try one of the printing forums.