PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Saying "Hello"

Wade Samuelson
09-15-2004, 2:33 PM
Hi all,

I live in Washington and up til now my hobby (addiction?) has been fishing. However, fishing takes up time in large increments--like 6-14 hours at a whack. I want to be around my wife and kids more and need a hobby that I can do in smaller blocks of time. I've chosen woodworking, and the weird thing is that I have never done any! I've always wanted to try it though. Anyway, I don't know mortar from mortise and have just begun to put together a shop. I mention this because I hope to ask a lot of questions here and thought you should know in advance my level of expertise (or lack thereof).

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading here for the past couple weeks and thought I'd sign up.

Wade

Mark Singer
09-15-2004, 2:35 PM
Wade ,
Welcome...lots of nice people here ...even a few fishing buddies

Frank Pellow
09-15-2004, 2:41 PM
Nice fish Wade. Because of it, I assume that you must mean Washington state, not city. We lived there for 7 years, returnng to Toronto about 2 years ago, and we miss the place a lot.

I am sure that you will find folks very helpful here and that you will learn from them. I know that I have.

Dick Parr
09-15-2004, 4:26 PM
Welcome to the Creek Wade. I lived in Everett for 7 years before coming to Knoxville. If you head north to Bellingham, Grizzly has a big showroom there that will make your mouth water. One great big toy store. :D

Jason Tuinstra
09-15-2004, 5:04 PM
Welcome, Wade!

Dave Bartley
09-15-2004, 5:56 PM
Welcome aboard Wade. I believe you will find an answer to just about any question that may come up here. Great bunch of helpful folks.

Chris Padilla
09-15-2004, 6:58 PM
Welcome, Wade! Jump right in...we love answering questions...especially when we know the answers! :D

Frank, there is some bay or is it an ocean not all far from D.C. if I can read a map correctly.... ;)