PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Wood Carver

Dave Novak
09-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I bought the "thing" in the picture below from an old friend I hardly know anymore who really needed the money. I'm sure I over-paid, but he needed help and that's another story anyway. Is anyone familiar with this? My buddy had a "country" craft business many years ago that never really took off. He used this to make signs and such. I did some internet research hoping to find the manufacturer and hopefully some instrcution as to what it can be used for, but never found an exact match. I'm guessing it might be used to rough out more detailed/3-dimensional carvings. Any info you guys might have on it would be much appreciated. I'm surprised I couldn't find the manufacturer or any direct info on the web. Thanks in advance!

richard poitras
09-14-2009, 10:59 PM
It is made by Terrco (site listed below) I have a Mill-Route system that is very similar in concept. There is a lot you can do with them, you can look at the sites I listed below and get a feeling on how they work, and the one site has a video. Not sure how much you paid but I am selling mine with complete templates(over 100ea.) and router for $450.00 so you can judge for your-self on if you over-paid or not…(but I think my price is on the cheaper side)

Richard

www.terrco.com (http://www.terrco.com/)
www.wood-carver.com (http://www.wood-carver.com/)

Dave Novak
09-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Richard, thank you so much.

Mike Langford
09-15-2009, 1:13 AM
Dave,
I have one I've set up to copy mandolin tops and backs....works great!

I enclosed it in a "box" to help keep down the mess....

Mine has a Porter Cable 690 router in it but it will take others.

I've also got the metal template to hold the lettering and all the numbers and letters to make signs.

127945 127946

127947 127948 127949

The link Richard provided should have the manual and the accessory and templates available in PDF form for downloading

richard poitras
09-16-2009, 7:08 PM
Richard, thank you so much.

Dave not a problem , glad I could be of help …Let us know how you like the system once you get it going ..
Richard