PDA

View Full Version : Any recomendations on business card material please.

Dave Lock
09-14-2009, 6:20 PM
Hi All,

I have a customer looking for 500 business cards made from glossy white card.
The card has a series of letters as attached, cut from it.

I have been running some samples and they cut well. The drawback is that I get a light discolouration on the cuts which if rubbed, slightly tarnish/smear the card.

I have tested many speed/power/frequency combinations and have it as good as I can get it.

I was looking for suggestions regarding alternative materials that may help. Do any of you have any experience with this type of job you'd like to share.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Dave Russell Smith
09-14-2009, 7:33 PM
White Formica, Romark Plastic

Dan Hintz
09-15-2009, 6:53 AM
Without actually seeing the material in question or seeing what the residue is, I would suggest covering the face with low-tack transfer tape before cutting. Unless the residue is coming from the cut edge itself, and not the surrounding area, this should take care of the issue.

Dave Lock
09-15-2009, 7:19 AM
Thanks Guys,

I think the smears are a result of the cut edge and just handling the card causes the smearing.
I thought maybe the card may give of some sort of residue when laser cut. I think I'm going to have to try some different card materials to see how they react.

Thanks again

Dee Gallo
09-15-2009, 7:55 PM
I don't know if it was the result of my not having the right font, but it looks like you are missing an apostrophe - "its" should be "it's"

:) dee

Dave Lock
09-15-2009, 8:14 PM
I don't know if it was the result of my not having the right font, but it looks like you are missing an apostrophe - "its" should be "it's"

:) dee

No, you are absolutely right Dee, but it's what the customer wants.

Dave

Dee Gallo
09-15-2009, 8:51 PM
Then I think you should leave the smears on his cards.

Was that mean? :eek: dee

Dave Lock
09-15-2009, 10:09 PM

:D:D:D.... Have you got a bit of a mean streak?...:D:D

Has anyone had any experience with Polypropylene sheet? I was wondering how cleanly this cuts and if it would be suitable for business cards.

Thanks.

Bill Cunningham
09-15-2009, 10:49 PM

Nooooo not mean.. It was Funny!!! :D

Dan Hintz
09-16-2009, 8:11 AM
Reminds me of Paris Hilton's T-shirt:

Im hawt
Your not

Yes, that's how she had it printed, no apostrophe and wrong "your"...