PDA

View Full Version : Leveling the table on an Epilog Mini 18

Colleen Williams
09-14-2009, 2:23 PM
Hi All,

I apologize in advance if this gets too wordy....

I have been working on a project here which is being both cut and engraved. Substrate is a plastic sheeting - black top coat with white core. I'm not certain on the manufacturer. I had done a couple of hundred of the items which I'm working on with no problems whatsoever and then I had to get more stock. I am assuming that it is the same product which I was initially working with because, although it is from a different local supplier, the stock number is the same on it.

The problem that I am suddenly having relates to the lower right hand quadrant of the table. While I'm working with the same settings, I am now not getting a clear raster portion of the project and as well it is not cutting through completely.

I tried the process in the manual where it tells me to use the manual focus attachment and focus it at the usual focus point then turn the machine off and move it to different areas of the table. It seems to be fine when I am doing that. However, I also took my trusty little level and found that the table appears to be level everywhere except the outermost, lower right hand corner where it is ever so slightly off level. By so slight I mean that the edge of the bubble is sitting on the line. I have cleaned all of the mirrors, etc. Everything else on the sheet is performing exactly as it should be.

My question is: 1) could this very slight imbalance be what is causing me to tear my hair out, or 2) could it be the material that I am using now (I have tried playing with the settings and have not been able to cure the problem).

As well, does anyone out there have a Mini 18 that would be able to tell me how to level the table in that corner.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Scott Shepherd
09-14-2009, 3:03 PM
Sounds to me more like your mirrors need to be aligned. There is a process for it and it's not too difficult. Will take about 30-45 minutes to do. Sounds like it's out of alignment in that corner. I'd guess that before I guessed an actual problem with the table.

John Noell
09-14-2009, 3:19 PM
In any event, it is nice to know how to level the table. Here are the directions from Epilog.

Colleen Williams
09-14-2009, 3:22 PM
John, thanks so much for that. I will give that a try.

Scott, I have managed to get it to now cut cleanly by slowing down my cut speed ever so slightly, which makes me think that it is operator error here not mirror alignment.....

Appreciate all the help you guys are ready to give here.