PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do business with Tool King?

Dan Forman
09-14-2009, 2:14 PM
Does anyone have any feedback about their experience with this vender?

toolking.com

Thanks,

Dan

Prashun Patel
09-14-2009, 2:16 PM
Yes. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them. No complaints.

Randy Walker
09-14-2009, 2:23 PM
Never heard of them but they have a lot of stuff. Prices look pretty standard.

Randy Walker

Matt Evans
09-14-2009, 2:26 PM
Bought my Makita Lithium Ion set there last year. Very competitive price, fast shipping. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Zach England
09-14-2009, 2:28 PM
I ordered a jointer from them when they had a free freight promotion. It came on time with no issues.

James Evans
09-14-2009, 2:31 PM
Bought a toe kick saw from them a few years ago. no complaints on the cost or shipping. The saw on the other hand is the most dangerous thing i have ever used!!!!! but it got the job done.

NICK BARBOZA
09-14-2009, 3:04 PM
as stated above decent prices and service. shipped quickly. I bought myself a dewalt router kit. I actually won gift card there from The Wood Whisperer so I used for this purpose.

Good luck.
NWB

Matt Winterowd
09-14-2009, 3:09 PM
Check out their ebay store. You can get some really good prices on stuff from time to time by going that route, and then get MS Cashback on top a good deal.

Dave Lehnert
09-14-2009, 3:22 PM
Ship fast and packaged well.

Joe Scharle
09-14-2009, 3:52 PM

Josh Reet
09-14-2009, 4:07 PM
I get toolking's emails and while I've never used them, I also wouldn't hesitate to if there was something I needed. They also have coupons floating around from time to time.

However, I would encourage people to also check out Hardware Sales (http://hardwaresalesinc.com/) for similar refurb and mail-order tool type stuff. HS is right down the street from me and they are a good local family owned business that happens to have a big mail-order arm as well. They also currently have free shipping.

Garth Keel
09-14-2009, 4:09 PM
I check their prices and have bought some things there w/out problems.

Dan Mitchell
09-14-2009, 4:37 PM
I recently ordered a Jessem Mite-R-Excel miter gauge from them, by way of Amazon. At the time I bought mine, it was $189 on Amazon (again FROM Toolking), $229 on the Toolking website itself. The guage had a lot of problems, and I returned it. To my surprise, the credit came from Amazon, and INCLUDED a refund of the shipping costs. Since I had also been given a prepaid mail label, the transaction cost me nothing, other than time. If you're considering buying from Toolking, I'd suggest you check Amazon 1st.

Dan

Dave Mura
09-14-2009, 4:44 PM
Bought a few items from them before, everything went smoothly

Mike Henderson
09-14-2009, 5:25 PM
Bought a toe kick saw from them a few years ago. no complaints on the cost or shipping. The saw on the other hand is the most dangerous thing i have ever used!!!!! but it got the job done.
I had never heard of a toe kick saw so I went and looked it up. Yep, that would scare the bejesus out of me, also.

Mike

Ben Martin
09-14-2009, 5:30 PM
I had never heard of a toe kick saw so I went and looked it up. Yep, that would scare the bejesus out of me, also.

Mike

Yeah, by far the scariest thing I have ever used. I sweat through my shirt and it was winter!

Dan Forman
09-14-2009, 5:36 PM
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered an Incra TS LS from them. Amazon had for a little less, but they charge sales tax in WA. TK has a no shipping charge special going on, so ended up considerably less through them, as no sales tax. It will be a drop ship from Incra.

Dan

Mike OMelia
09-14-2009, 6:07 PM
Tool King is AOK.

Mike

Kenny King
09-14-2009, 6:14 PM
I bought a refurbished DW 735 from them several years ago. No problems.

Ken

Jon Klear
09-14-2009, 8:19 PM
Great place shop there all the time. They are about 15 minutes away so i can not comment on shipping.

Cary Falk
09-14-2009, 8:25 PM
I tried to buy a welder from them a year ago. UPS damaged it. 6 weeks later no welder and no refund. Never again.

Philip Rodriquez
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Toolking is AOK. I live in Colorado and I purchased my ICS SawStop from them. Rick, their industrial tools guy, is very knowledgeable.

As for the guy that had a welder damaged... that is UPS's problem. File the complaint with UPS. It would only be Toolking's fault if the packaging was at fault.

Matt Sollars
09-15-2009, 12:41 PM
ordered a DeWalt Router on sale....showed up quick and packaged well.
no problems.

matt

Thomas Pender
09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Tool King is OK - on time, etc.

Re the last comment. You have no privity of contract with the delivery service they are hired by the shipper and that makes it the shipper's problem - that is, Tool King is responsible for the shipper, especially since they have your money. I would never go after the shipper. Certainly, if a big tool comes from Grizzly they would never tell me to go after the shipper if there is damage.

Josh Reet
09-15-2009, 1:00 PM
Tool King is OK - on time, etc.

Re the last comment. You have no privity of contract with the delivery service they are hired by the shipper and that makes it the shipper's problem - that is, Tool King is responsible for the shipper, especially since they have your money. I would never go after the shipper. Certainly, if a big tool comes from Grizzly they would never tell me to go after the shipper if there is damage.

It's really the shipper's problem. But trying to get a claim out of UPS is a joke, so that makes it the retailer's problem both as far as customer perception and actual resolution. Cost of doing business I suppose.

Cary Falk
09-15-2009, 1:59 PM
As for the guy that had a welder damaged... that is UPS's problem. File the complaint with UPS. It would only be Toolking's fault if the packaging was at fault.

I agree it was UPS's fault for the damage. The way Tool King handled it was unacceptable.

I have seen other compliants similar to mine on other forums.

Dave Wagner
09-16-2009, 7:20 AM
NO problems, ordered a couple things recently from them...