PDA

View Full Version : Halloween ideas

Daniel Muller
09-14-2009, 10:46 AM
I have been trying to come up with some new halloween ideas and I am coming up blank. I have found a few from older posts here on SMC but wondering if anyone had some fresh ones they would be interested in sharing.

Dee Gallo
09-14-2009, 2:03 PM
Last year, I made some LED lights which people seem to like. I used red lights for a pile of jack-o-lanterns, white and blue for ghosts. They fit on a windowsill much easier than a pumpkin, there's no fire and they don't rot!

:) dee

Tim Bateson
09-14-2009, 5:15 PM
I'm cutting out skull heads and pumpkin silhouettes for the front yard. These will be part of my singing pumpkin/skull display. I'll put lights behind each and wire them to my new computerized system. I'm working now to sync the music to to the show. A long time consuming task. Note by note. I'll post pics of the lasered skulls when done. The pumpkins may be to big for the laser.

rodger d cooley
09-15-2009, 1:50 AM
I just finished making some bat earrings tonight. Used orange 1/8 plex

Tom Buzz Bernard
09-16-2009, 3:25 PM
How about a skeleton business card holder, you can always engrave

"We have cut our prices to the Bone" :)

Every Christmas we give out a free fun design to our LaserBuzz newsletter readers, (next month this will go out) we also share them here. I think if you look in past threads you will find 4 or 5 fun designs. This year we plan to release this design early because of the Halloween application.

Humor sometimes can open doors for you :rolleyes:

Phil Garcia
09-16-2009, 4:10 PM
Tom, what a great idea. Do have the file to share to vector cut the skeleton business card holder?? It would be great to give to my Chiropractor friends....it would surely get me a couple of free alignments...ha ha:D

Clara Koss
09-16-2009, 4:20 PM
love the skeleton card holder!!!!!!;)

Tom Buzz Bernard
09-16-2009, 4:56 PM
I am making a few changes in the final design, will be sending it out to our newsletter customers (Oct.) for feedback on any issues, then I will post it here.

I can think of a few good sayings I could engrave on the base for my chiropractor, he has a sense of humor also :D

Phil Garcia
09-16-2009, 5:01 PM
Thank you Tom, also I did subscribe to your newsletter. You have some really great software.

Daniel Muller
09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
thanks for the ideas

Jim Good
09-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Daniel,

These work well for Halloween. Place them by the window or on a mantle in the house.

Jim

Gerry Lempicki
09-22-2009, 7:12 AM
I am real newbie here, actually a wannabe..I've got an empty spot in my workshop I'm considering filling with a laser for some hobby/craft work. Not necessarily to make money, I have a day job (well it's swing shift so I guess day/night job) :-)
Anyway, where do you folks get those lit bases for acrylic? Are they from one of the awards companies?
Thanks!
Gerry

Dee Gallo
09-22-2009, 7:37 AM
Gerry,

Send a private message to the guy above, Jim Good... he's the man!

Welcome to the forum, dee

ps to Jim: congratulations on the baby!:)

Jim Good
09-22-2009, 8:24 AM
Thanks, Dee! He's a big boy but a good boy (no pun intended!)! We both got a little more sleep last night so I feel better today!

Gerry, send me an email to jim dot good at a2zengraving dot com.

Off to change a diaper.....:o

Jim

Gerry Lempicki
09-22-2009, 4:07 PM
Thanks Dee and Jim...will do!