PDA

View Full Version : Larry Williams and Don McConnel visit Little Rock

Zahid Naqvi
09-13-2009, 4:30 PM
Messers, Williams and McConnel came as guest speakers at our local wood workers association's monthly meeting. Most interestingly they both recognized me from SMC :D

Needless to say it was one of those chance of a life time type meets. Despite the fact that they setup shop here in Arkansas I have not been able to visit their establishment. So this was the next best thing. Larry gave an interesting presentation on the history of handplanes (I missed out on some of that due to a couple of kids soccer games). Don, gave a presentation and a demo on handplanes, including; a demo on how to prep a board by handplanes, a demo on making moldings by hand.
They brought with them a whole bunch of planes made at their shop, the finish and fit on those planes is amazing. Not a single cut or part is even slightly out of place. No wonder there is a 2 yr waiting list on their tools.

Unfortunately in my haste to get there I forgot to pick up my camera so I don't have any pictures, hopefully someone else will post theirs to this thread.

A very enjoyable evening indeed.