PDA

View Full Version : The one thing you can take with you

Chuck Burke
09-15-2004, 1:16 AM
Recently I have had some problems with my laser and my engraving. I have been able to solve those problems because of help I have received on this forum.

It is always said "you can't take it with you". Well knowledge is the ONE thing you CAN take with you, but the willingness of the people on this forum to SHARE their Knowledge is amazing and gratifying. So to everyone that takes part and shares, I extend my deepest and sincerest thank you.

Thank you for promoting, progressing and helping EVERYONE to succeed. How cool.

Very Sincerely
Chuck Burke

Michael Wells
09-16-2004, 9:37 PM
Now, you're gonna get us all teary eyed, Chuck...hehehehe...that's what we're here for. This is still a fledgeling technology and business, and I think most everyone here will admit that they have learned a lot by reading the posts! I know I have, and I make a living doing this!

So, whatever questions you run into, don't hesitate to ask, because there are most likely 10 others out there that want to know the same thing!
Michael

Chuck Burke
09-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the post. It is my intent to make a living doing this. Actually I want to do MORE than make a living. I want to build a viable business. I am off to Tallahassee ( if it is still there ) on Sunday to visit Awards 4 U, then I am going on to Denison Texas to visit Kevin Huffman et al for some training on my laser.
What would really help is if you know of a corel forum that is as easy to use as this on.

Chuck
Pacific LaZer Works

Kevin Huffman
09-17-2004, 4:33 PM
Hey Chuck,
There are a lot of books out there on Corel Draw. It is a very popular graphics program. There is even one of the Corel Draw for dummies. Not saying you are dummy. Just saying they are very useful, I have many copies of many various kinds for myself. You might want to check them out.

Linda Tetreault
09-17-2004, 6:56 PM
If you go to cdug (corel draw users group),at Yahoo groups, there's lots of info, just ask a question, usually someone knows the answer. Linda

Jeff Chumbley
10-17-2004, 5:10 PM
Chuck and others. I just joined this group and have been reading the posts here. Yahoo groups CDUG is an excellent place for Corel issues. I have also reviewed a lot of tutorials at http://www.unleash.com/If you google for tutorials there are a lot of them out there just have to hunt for them.

Jeff Chumbley
Laser's Edge Engraving

Chuck Burke
10-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Jeff,
Thanks for the info. I have done so and I agree. Point is, that people on these forums as so very gracious and willing to share. It is sooooo refreshing.

Chuck Burke
Pacific LaZer Works
Woodinville Wa.