PDA

View Full Version : Guild Auction (w/gloat!)....

Mike Langford
09-12-2009, 6:46 PM
I'm a member of the Greenville Woodworkers Guild http://www.greenvillewoodworkers.com/

Today they held a tool auction (doors opened @ 8am - auction started @ 9am) for two members who past on.

There were about 200 items....

I bid on and won a brand new-never been used (still had the cardboard sleeve around it) Kreg K2000 ProPack Pkt hole kit (the K2000 has been discontinued and replaced by the K3, but....) for high bid of $55 bucks! ;)

Some other notable deals (purchased by other members....not by me :() were.....

New (used once) Grizzly G0586 8" jointer w/mobile base....$550

Jet DC1100 (1100 cfm) dust collector w/micron canister filter and several sections of piping and fittings/elbows.....$265

Unused WorkSharp 3000.....$115

New Triton MOF001KC 2 1/4 HP mounted on a Rousseau base plate w/router razor in a shop made table (used as a outfeed also) with a crappy fence and a drawer of about 30 bits (mostly 1/4" shank).....$180

Lots of deals on routers, drills, lathes, clamps, turning tools, etc....all in all a pretty good sale, I only bought one item 'cause most of the other items I had my eye on went for more than what I was willing to pay....I did notice a few items going for more than new prices, when the bidders would get caught up in heat of battle! :D

Here are the obligatory pics:

127758 127759

127760 127761 127762

p.s. - As a "heads up" to my fellow creekers....If you go the the Guild's website (posted above) and on the menu at the left of the page, scroll down to and click on "Tools for Sale" you'll see a listing of tools for sale by members....maybe if you see something you like, maybe you could contact that person and work out a sale!
I noticed that one member has posted 126 never been used Pheil carving gouges for only $3000! :eek: (it's been posted almost 3 months now so you better hurry!!!)

....Just another way to help y'all spend your money! (maybe I should post this in "Deals & Discounts")

Keith Christopher
09-12-2009, 8:13 PM
Well played ! I love my Kreg PH jig. I have the original. Need to upgrade soon.