PDA

View Full Version : Festool fans

Jamie Buxton
09-14-2004, 6:18 PM
There's a Festool group which just started over at Yahoo Groups. The URL is

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FestoolOwnersGroup/

Chris Padilla
09-14-2004, 6:44 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else hate the format of Yahoo! Groups forums?

I went ahead and joined but I've grown accustomed to this particular style of forum...much more straight-forward in my opinion. :)

Rich Konopka
09-14-2004, 6:53 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else hate the format of Yahoo! Groups forums?

I went ahead and joined but I've grown accustomed to this particular style of forum...much more straight-forward in my opinion. :)
I agree.... Yuk:mad:

SMC ... Yummmmm:)

Frank Pellow
09-14-2004, 7:28 PM
I joined about a week ago and I have posted some messages.

But, I agree with you Chris that the format of the Yahoo forum is really YUCKY. :( Also, the time between when one posts a messages to the time that the message appears can take up to 12 hours -which sure hampers conversations.

Chris Padilla
09-14-2004, 7:41 PM
Yeah, Frank, I asked you a whole SLEW of questions and I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the answers from you! ;) j/k.... :)

Frank Pellow
09-14-2004, 7:51 PM
For folks who join this group, there is a poll about the Festool tools etc that you own. Please respond to that poll.

JayStPeter
09-14-2004, 9:37 PM
I joined about a week ago and I have posted some messages.

But, I agree with you Chris that the format of the Yahoo forum is really YUCKY. :( Also, the time between when one posts a messages to the time that the message appears can take up to 12 hours -which sure hampers conversations.

That's basically why I didn't join when I heard about it. I have joined now. It seems like an interesting forum idea. I just can't stand the Yahoo format. Yucky is a good description.

Jay

John Miliunas
09-15-2004, 12:05 AM
"Yucky"??? You guys are TOO kind, but yeah...I know...This is a family-oriented place! :o I joined early on, but I too, just don't find the format very conducive to go out there too much, even though I enjoy the heck out of ALL my Festool equipment! :cool:

Frank Pellow
09-15-2004, 6:28 AM
"Yucky"??? You guys are TOO kind, but yeah...I know...This is a family-oriented place! :o I joined early on, but I too, just don't find the format very conducive to go out there too much, even though I enjoy the heck out of ALL my Festool equipment! :cool:

I find that if I check it out about once every two days that the format and speed don't bother me too much. I have definatley learned things by reading some of the posts (for example about the new drill that Festool will probably introduce next month).

JayStPeter
09-15-2004, 10:40 AM
I find that if I check it out about once every two days that the format and speed don't bother me too much. I have definatley learned things by reading some of the posts (for example about the new drill that Festool will probably introduce next month).

I agree, and definitely don't mean to sound ungrateful for the effort put forth in setting up the forum. I've also learned some stuff (including the fact that the OF1400 is still a ways off from getting here :mad: ). I've just been on some other yahoo forums and quickly lose interest due to the difficult to follow format. As long as the messages/day are in the tens, it's manageable. But, if it gets much more active ... yucky.

Jay

Michael Perata
09-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Well - okay the Yahoo groups are yucky, but I did find out in my Yahoo Mini-Max group that I could get a $225.00 Festool ES-150-3 for $59 plus shipping. :rolleyes:

Didn't see that posted here! :D

(Could've missed the post!)

Chris Padilla
09-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Hmmm, and I see you didn't spread that kinda good cheer here, Mike! :mad:

I wonder how that is possible to get Festool for any other price than what Festool has set unless someone is just tossing money away?

John Miliunas
09-15-2004, 12:56 PM

I wonder how that is possible to get Festool for any other price than what Festool has set unless someone is just tossing money away?

OK Mike...You've got MY interest, too! :confused: :cool:

JayStPeter
09-15-2004, 1:31 PM
OK Mike...You've got MY interest, too! :confused: :cool:

Festool advertised in CabinetMaker?(Ithink) magazine a special deal to get pros to try out Festool. They could get a 150/3 for the above mentioned price if 1. they are pros, 2. first time buyer. I think if you search hard enough, you'll find mention of it somewhere on this board.

Jay

Jamie Buxton
09-15-2004, 1:33 PM

As to getting better prices on Festool, I'm pretty sure the answer is "no". Festool has an unusual business model: the consumer buys products directly from Festool. Representatives, be they independent like Bob Marino, or corporate like Woodcraft, are only representatives of Festool. Other tool manufacturers sell the tools to retailers, and (at least in theory) the retailer may charge any price he chooses.

Jim Becker
09-15-2004, 1:43 PM
Well - okay the Yahoo groups are yucky, but I did find out in my Yahoo Mini-Max group that I could get a $225.00 Festool ES-150-3 for $59 plus shipping.
Pros only who are not already customers and they are already out of the stock earmarked for the promotion...due to huge interest.

Frank Pellow
09-15-2004, 3:49 PM

I think if you search hard enough, you'll find mention of it somewhere on this board.

Jay

Steve Clardy mentioned that he got his sander through a deal for pros in the thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=11418. He did not give any details about the deal.

Steve Clardy
09-15-2004, 9:39 PM
Steve Clardy mentioned that he got his sander through a deal for pros in the thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=11418. He did not give any details about the deal.
Yep. Now that it is out, I will say that that's how I got mine, through Cabinetmaker Magazine. That was a 1 time deal, sent to subscribers. Shops only.
It was a promotion to get Festool out to the shops.
I really do like this sander. It is H&L paper. I am a psa fan. I contacted Uncle Bob and there is a psa pad available for this 150/3 sander. I will get one later.

Steve:)