PDA

View Full Version : Accuride Drawer Slide Installation Help Needed

Doug Shepard
09-12-2009, 9:38 AM
I'm installing some Accuride #7434 slides and I'm a bit confused on one of the install instructions.
http://accuride.com/Resources/PDF/7432-r9-1007.pdf
I have the cabinet member portion installed with the first 2 screws but the rail portion that goes on the drawer has me a bit stumped. On page 2 of the pdf instructions it has:
Mark horizontal line on drawer side 1-7/32" [30.7] above cabinet member holes center line.
I cant wrap my brain around this one. I tried taking the cab member CL distance (from the bottom of the cab) on the lowest rail, adding 1-7/32" to that, then marking that distance from the bottom of the drawer. But when I slide the drawer in between the slides and check where the rail holes line up with that mark things dont look quite right.
I'm also wanting to have the drawer bottom 1/8" above the carcass bottom, so laying some 1/8" spacers on the floor and sliding the drawer in would throw that mark off another 1/8" anyway.
But I'm confused on how the instructions reference to index something off the cabinet CL equates to being able to index a mark off the drawer sides.
Maybe I just need another cup of coffee this morning??:confused:

Chris Szczygiel
09-12-2009, 9:58 AM
I you look at Fig 3. They show a 1/4" ref between the bottom of the drawer and the cabinet opening.

From the bottom of the drawer to the rail center line is 1-27/32". This may be the issue.

Doug Shepard
09-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Chris
Thanks. I was concentrating on the text and I missed that. The 1-27/32 doesn't appear to include the 1/4" but at least I can reference that number off the drawer side rather than off the cabinet.

David DeCristoforo
09-12-2009, 1:28 PM
Sometimes those "installation guides" can be really confusing. Just pop one of the rails onto the drawer slide, lay it flat on the bench and measure the distance from CL to CL. To position the rail, add that to whatever the distance is from the bottom of the drawer box to the CL of the slide. It does not matter where you locate the slide on the drawer side. Most people put them near the bottom edge but you can mount them at whatever height you want (i.e. CL of slide = CL of drawer)