PDA

View Full Version : Legend 24TT

Jeff Belany
09-12-2009, 12:32 AM
I have run a laser for 10 years (LMI 100W) doing only wood. Now I'm thinking about setting up a small shop for myself. Going to have to learn the ins & outs of working with plastics & metals but I'm sure I can figure it out. This forum has been very helpful.

Looked at a Epilog Legend 24TT 35W laser today. It has been out of service (company closed) and the tube needs to be replaced. And issues with this machine I should be aware of? I have emailed the dealer for costs to replace the tube. Any idea how long a 35W tube should last used 3-4 hours a day?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jeff

Mike Null
09-12-2009, 6:58 AM
Jeff

Try using the search function to find old posts on this topic. Use "Google Sawmill Creek".

Jeff Belany
09-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry I wasted your time. I did do a search but most of the hits that related to my question were 2-3 years old, unless I missed a newer post.

I have an email into an Epilog dealer, just thought an answer might come up quicker here.

Jeff

Bill Cunningham
09-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I re tubed my TT last summer, the cost was around 1200.00.. I've been running mine for 5+ years now.. The retube was a LOT stronger than my original tube.. There was a refit of the Xmotor, which if yours has not been replaced yet, a call to epilog will fix that.. The only other problem I've had is one that is currently a bit of a pain, is some lines have shown up on the LCD and epilog wants 600.00 for the replacement
I'm living with it for now.. The LCD board is a standard product from Hyundia, but I can't find anyone that will sell me 1.. They all seem to come from production supply places, with minimum orders of 250.00 + I have been very happy with my machine, It's more than paid for it'self every year I've owned it.. It was added to my regular business, don't buy one thinking it will make you rich, or even make you a living, unless you already have a customer base to draw on.. But as far as the machine goes, It's served me very well..

Jeff Belany
09-14-2009, 1:00 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the input. I don't expect to make a living, just hope to make a little to survive.

The last machine I worked on had a display that the laser company wanted $240 for. Did buy one but the next time I started looking around and found the same display (minus a couple resistors) from Digikey for $30. It was worth the time it took me to change over the couple components. Might be worth a look if you haven't already.

Jeff

Bill Cunningham
09-15-2009, 8:13 PM
I'm headed down that road right now Jeff with another contributor who has family at digikey. Hopefully things will work out and I can get the part I need..

Dan Hintz
09-16-2009, 8:05 AM
I'm headed down that road right now Jeff with another contributor who has family at digikey.
Now that's a score of a contact... some days I think I keep them in business!

Jeff Belany
09-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Well guys, I guess this post is complete. I didn't buy the Legend (never even got a price from the guy) but picked up a Helix 45W instead. Little bigger, little more power and newer. Hope it was a good decision. I maybe should have waited until Spring but things came together now. Hope I can get it set up and maybe get a little Christmas business.

Jeff

Peck Sidara
09-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Congrats on your new Helix Jeff!

If it's pre-owned, make sure you have the latest/greatest firmware/driver found here: http://www.epiloglaser.com/downloads_minihelix.htm

Latest manual can be found here:
http://www.epiloglaser.com/laser_manuals.htm

Contact tech support to get your machine registered.

If new, your system will have the latest & greatest.