PDA

View Full Version : LaserPro Spirit

lisa farrell
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi, I am new to the creek and to laser engraving just got a laserpro spirit 30W, used. I loaded the software and did a picture of me on a tile it came out great, now i am trying to engrave and cut on some wood thins I have sent the file to the spirit, the laser head moves but does not fire, question is what am i missing out? Need help before spending money.I have cleaned the lens and mirrors, they were a little dirty but clean now. By the way i am Robert my wife is Lisa. The first owner bought it in 2008. Thanks:confused:

Rob Bosworth
09-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Do you have all the doors closed so that the interlocks are tripped? These machines were made so that they will not emit a laser beam of an interlock is closed. Each door will have a magnetic interlock or two on it.

Mike Null
09-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Robert

I like Rob's answer as a first place to check. It is very important that you clean the lens and mirrors frequently along with other cleaning type maintenance items.

Glad to have you on the forum. The picture quality looks very good.

Another thing that might be helpful is to remember to use the search feature when you have questions as most things related to lasers have been asked and answered in detail.

One more thing, check your colors in the drawing to the colors on the drivers to be sure all are set to do what you want.

Andrea Weissenseel
09-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Lisa

like Mike already suggested to check the colors in your drawing. My Spirit is set that it needs a red hairline to cut

lisa farrell
09-11-2009, 3:51 PM
Hi guys thanks for the tips. Although I did all the things you suggested before posting it did not work, so i took your advice and checked the doors, line colour etc. and it worked I don't know what i was missing, but thanks again. Robert

Jerry Hay
09-11-2009, 5:38 PM
Mine does that sometimes too it is strange. I just shut it down and start it back up and everything works fine.