PDA

View Full Version : Pen question

David E Keller
09-10-2009, 9:33 AM
New to the site. I really have learned a tremendous amount about turning and have borrowed some ideas as well. A thanks to all.

My question involves cross rollerball inkjet refills... Does anyone know of a pen kit that could use these refills? They are not standard cross refills and look more like a Parker style refill.

Thanks in advance
Keller

Mike Minto
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
no help here on the pen question, but...so you're a doc, eh? you know, i've got this pain in my right hand...

Rusty Smith
09-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Probably a dumb question here but, are these Cross brand refills of the Parker style? If so, any of the kits that use the Parker roller ball world work.

Gary Max
09-10-2009, 1:08 PM
Welcome to SMC----I am still trying to figure out how you get a inkjet refill in a pen??????????

David E Keller
09-10-2009, 2:52 PM
Here's a photo of a couple of Parker refills(foreground) and one of the refills in question. Sorry I didn't post it earlier but was not at a place where I could take a photo. As you can see, this particular Cross refill is larger in length and diameter than the two Parker refills pictured.

thanks

keller

Phil St.Germain
09-10-2009, 2:59 PM
I have that refill in my daily writer Baron. It is a roller ball refill and will drop right into any of the kits that use a roller ball.

Mauricio Ulloa
09-10-2009, 3:52 PM
Hey David,

I learned the hard way that even though some suppliers tell you that their replacements are Parker or cross or so on, they are actually not. I have a set of the original refills at home and I try them on the pens that I make that come from a new supplier. Whenever they don't fit, I stop buying from the supplier or I purchase the refills from them.

Hope this works for you....

David E Keller
09-10-2009, 8:09 PM
Thanks Phil... I had a Baron laying around, and it does fit perfectly. I have a friend that wants me to make a pen, but he wants the pen to use that particular refill. I'll order some Baron kits next time around if he likes the style.

CW McClellan
09-10-2009, 8:34 PM
Welcome to SMC----I am still trying to figure out how you get a inkjet refill in a pen??????????

Thats because you from Kentuck
And the white trail from a flying jet in the sky an't white ink LOL HA HA:D

George Morris
09-10-2009, 8:56 PM
Welcome to the Creek Doc!