PDA

View Full Version : Delta shaper 43-375 Router spindle?

Liem Tran
09-10-2009, 2:09 AM
Does anyone know if there's a router spindle available for Delta's 43-375 HD shaper. I did a search and found a couple of websites that sells a router spindle they claim would fit this model shaper. I tried contacting Delta but their servicenet website is down. It would be great to hear from someone that has this setup.

Thanks
Liem

Alan Schaffter
09-11-2009, 4:25 PM
Does anyone know if there's a router spindle available for Delta's 43-375 HD shaper. I did a search and found a couple of websites that sells a router spindle they claim would fit this model shaper. I tried contacting Delta but their servicenet website is down. It would be great to hear from someone that has this setup.

Thanks
Liem

I found few of the sites sold router spindles for that shaper and all were well over $100 some over $200. There is a guy who goes by Richard on OWWM (he is in Dallas, TX too!). Among other Delta parts he sells, he takes a Grizzly spindle and uses his metal lathe to turn them into Delta router spindles. He sells them much cheaper ($70) than you can buy from other sources. I have one- he does nice work. Here is a link to his OWWM store- Richard and Jamies Old Delta Machinery Store (http://artisans.homeunix.com:443/)

Liem Tran
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Alan,
Thanks for the tip. That is exactly what I'm looking for.

Liem

Mike Heidrick
09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Watch ebay. They come up there pretty often.

Ed Griner
09-17-2009, 1:08 PM
Amazon now owns or controls Acme Electric or Tool crib of the North.I acquired the router spindle for my 40s/50s delta shaper for $39.00+shipping via phone.Its been my experience,that they can supply any genuine delta part made at least back to the 40s.Most of my shop machines are early delta and I never was sure, what part number I was ordering,they never sent the wrong part,just based on my verbal description.Maybe ordering from them SMC would get a commission.

Thats all folks/Ed

I just googled Acme Elec. and got Acme Tool(same guys) 1 800 286 6268.

mickey cassiba
09-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Liem,
The spindle looks exactly like the one offered with the ShopFox Shaper(2HP) The only picture I could bring up did not show the key way so I'm not sure.
If you cant find the delta , this might be an option.
Mickey