PDA

View Full Version : Just to introduce myself

Ken Waag
09-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Just a quick note to introduce myself as I have just formally joined the group. My name is Ken Waag and I live in St. Louis. I've been a hobbyist woodworker and tool addict for the last dozen years or so. I came across this forum and a few others while looking for some tool info. I am amazed at how much information is available in these forums and Sawmill Creek has been my favorite. The site is extremely well organized! I want to thank you all as I have learned a great deal reading the various posts. Every level of woodworker seems to be represented. Plenty of beginners to supply questions and many more experienced woodworkers to offer advice. Even the occasional manufacturer chiming in with technical info when needed. The exchanges, I think, benefit all.

I consider myself an advancing beginner and I read a lot of books/mags about the craft in addition to my shop-time, so I will hope to be able to contribute my few cents worth. I will undoubtedly have more than a few cent worth of questions.

Once again thanks for the advice, knowledge, and interesting discussion. I look forward to more. I'm off to the SawStop thread for my first "real" post as I think this is an important topic.

Best,

Lee Schierer
09-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Welcome, We don't generally let folks from St. Lois in since they have their own creek, err river to wade in but in your case, we'll make an exception. Glad to have you with us. Pull up a rock or wade right in.

Mark Singer
09-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Welcome...a lot of nice people and many good ideas you will find... make sure you show pictures....many members are just learning to read:D

Frank Pellow
09-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Welcome Ken. I have learned a great deal from the members of this forum. The advice and encouragement that I recieve here is a very valuable resource, particularly during my current project which is to build a workshop.

I trust that you will find the members as friendly, interesting, and knowledgeable as I have.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Ken!

Donnie Raines
09-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Welcome!......great group of people here....and lots of "know-how" to go around.

Josh Bendel
09-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the creek........Tons and tons of talented people here:D ......Just ask a question :confused: and wait for the great ideas to come in.

Kent Cori
09-14-2004, 10:54 AM
We're glad to have you join our community Ken. As you've already observed this is a great group of people and the knowledge freely offered here is invaluable.

Where do you live in the St. Louis metro area? I waa born in Crestwood and much of my family still lives in the southwest area of the county.

Ken Waag
09-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Kent,
I'm in Des Peres, not far from Crestwood. You must have the brains in the family having moved to FL. (minus the recent hurricanes, hope all is well)

Russell Svenningsen
09-14-2004, 11:37 AM
The Creek is risin'! Welcome Ken!

Great bunch of people here giving out tremendous advice.

Enjoy!

Tyler Howell
09-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Why shucks Kent, Thanks, you flatter me!:rolleyes: I can't take all the credit for whipping this group into shape but I've done my best.:p :D .

Welcome, This is a fine group and I'm honored to be a member. ;)

Chris Padilla
09-14-2004, 12:11 PM
...many members are just learning to read:D
A picture is worth a 1000 words...I don't have time to write than many words although I could give it a shot! :)

Welcome, Ken...great buncha peeps 'round here.... :) Yeah, we do like pictures! :D

Don Selke
09-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the Creek Ken, You will find a great bunch of guys and gals here that are ready to jump in at any time to help if help is needed.
They may jump in to razz you a little too except for Tyler, He would never think of doing that!!!!!!!!:D

By the way, I am better looking then Terry Hatfield:D :D

Roger Fitzsimonds
09-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Welcome aboard Ken, This is a great place to hang out

Roger

Bob Reda
09-14-2004, 1:00 PM
Welcome aboard Ken.

Ted Shrader
09-14-2004, 1:27 PM
Ken -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out, as you have discovered. Pull up a log and dangle your feet.

Regards,
Ted

Brad Schmid
09-14-2004, 1:45 PM
Welcome Ken! Glad you jumped in.
Brad

Dick Parr
09-14-2004, 3:09 PM
Welcome to the Creek Ken!

Mark Stutz
09-14-2004, 9:44 PM
Glad to see a another St. Louisian in the water! Welcome!

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-14-2004, 9:50 PM
Welcome Ken! I don't live in St. Louis, but I do WORK in St. Louis. I live just across the "Big Creek" in Troy, IL. I'm happy to see another woodworker in my neck of the woods. We will have to try to get together with Mark and a few of the other local creekers sometime. I am sure you will enjoy it here! :)

Jim Ketron
09-14-2004, 9:57 PM
Welcome Ken!!

Jim

Joe Mioux
09-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Welcome Ken.... You will really like this forum. This is MUCH more than just a woodworking forum. If you check in regularly, you will find that out for yourself. The people on here are professional, smart, cordial, friendly and caring. It is an absolute joy to log in SMC a couple times a day. BTW. what part of STL do you live?

Again welcome
Joe

Bob Hovde
09-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Welcome. Joe is right about this being more than just a forum. These people actually fly across the country to eat barbeque together!

Bob

Dennis Peacock
09-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Welcome Ken....great place here and lots of fun and great people.