PDA

View Full Version : Hello

mickey cassiba
09-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure if this is where ya'll do it, but let me introduce myself. I'm Mickey, I've worked wood occasionally(framing, roofing, and such), but I'm a machinist/mechanic by trade.
Had the pleasure to work for Porter Cable, the embarrassment to work for Black and Decker, and am currently the plant engineer for a small moulding/millwork company. I have been lurking around, reading the posts in all forums, and as I approach retirement(yeah, right), am trying to get my head around full time wood work. I've got a decent collection of tools, and reading here and elsewhere, plus keeping up the equipment at work, I've gleaned a fair amount of knowledge about the craft. Guess what I'm trying to say is, forgive in advance dumb questions, suggestions, and comments.
Again, thanks for letting me read your posts. I've gotten a lot of inspiration, and look forward to interacting with the community.

Mike Henderson
09-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Welcome, Mickey. Feel free to ask away. You'll get a lot of opinions.

Mike

Ted Calver
09-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Mickey...Welcome to the creek...If you've been wandering around on here you know it's a pretty special place. We hope you enjoy!!

Steve Schlumpf
09-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mickey! Easiest way to jump right in is to start showing photos of some of your work! Folks here love photos!

Sam Layton
09-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi Mickey,

Welcome to the Creek. Retirement will be here before you know it.

Sam

mickey cassiba
09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys, but I don't have any work to show yet(unless you count a 8" red oak cannon I turned when I built my baby lathe). Anybody got a plan for a carriage for a 8' cannon?

Jim Rimmer
09-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the Creek! :D

gary Zimmel
09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mickey..

Ken Fitzgerald
09-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mickey!

"Deep South Texas" Huh? I was stationed at Kingsville for 14 months and spent a week in Harlingen babysitting a CT scanner.

mickey cassiba
09-10-2009, 5:24 AM
Welcome to the Creek Mickey!

"Deep South Texas" Huh? I was stationed at Kingsville for 14 months and spent a week in Harlingen babysitting a CT scanner.

Mission, Texas, any further south and ya' need an ID to get home!
Thanks for the welcome guys...hope to get everything running before long. I do have a moulding factory to play in 'til I do.