PDA

View Full Version : Veneer sales

james susick
09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Anyone in the eastern Ohio or western PA areas that know of veneer suppliers? I have 3 hardwood sources but they do not carry much veneer.

Thanks

Mike Henderson
09-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Anyone in the eastern Ohio or western PA areas that know of veneer suppliers? I have 3 hardwood sources but they do not carry much veneer.

Thanks
I think most woodworkers have to order it through the Internet. I get most of my veneer from Certainly Wood (http://www.certainlywood.com/). They're good, helpful people. You can call them and they'll work with you to get you what you want.

Veneer is so specialized that there's not that many places that sell it.

Mike

richard poitras
09-09-2009, 7:47 AM
PM sent ....

Mitchell Andrus
09-09-2009, 7:58 AM
I think most woodworkers have to order it through the Internet. I get most of my veneer from Certainly Wood (http://www.certainlywood.com/). They're good, helpful people. You can call them and they'll work with you to get you what you want.

Veneer is so specialized that there's not that many places that sell it.

Mike

+1 for Certainly Wood. They've never let me down.

Ben Abate
09-09-2009, 11:38 AM
James,

there is a place in Latrobe Pa. that is a huge supplier of veneer. I believe it is called something like Hometown Supply or something of that nature. HomeCraft. If I can look it up I'll edit my post and get you the

nahttp://www.homecraftveneer.com/oscommerce2/catalog/index.phpme.

James this is the link, it is HomeCraft Veneer. I drive by there once in awhile and it is a big place. they also do hardwoods I believe. If you do buy from them please give us a report about the place.

thanks
Ben

John Harden
09-09-2009, 1:15 PM
Here's my plug for JoeWoodworker.com

Joe sells excellent quality veneers at great prices as well as vac press kits of his own design. I've bought a lot of veneer from him and it's all good stuff.

Regards,

John

Dewald van Lamp
09-09-2009, 2:03 PM
Joewoodworker does not sell to Africans...

I have queried this, as he has an excellent site and all the stuff one needs to get going, but no go...

I have encountered this problem before, so Joe is not an exception. I do not know what the reasons are, but I assume they are valid in these economic times. Nobody wants to turn business away these days.

I have unsuccessfully searched the web for several weeks now for South African sources for veneer and the paraphanelia that one needs to make box panels, without success...

Any SA's out there..? Help will be much appreciated!

:confused:

Dewald van Lamp
09-09-2009, 2:26 PM
Thanks for the link, Mike!

I have queried them as well.

Holding my breath here in Africa..!

:rolleyes:

Thomas S Stockton
09-09-2009, 2:44 PM
I've used Certainlywood and they are good. My first choice is Berkshire veneer I've had very good service and the quality is great. Also B&B rarewoods has some really nice material. I find I get much better service from the smaller companies and the quality of material is the same.
www.berkshireveneer.com/
www.wood-veneers.com/

Jeff Willard
09-09-2009, 3:55 PM
Joewoodworker does not sell to Africans...
:confused:

I'm assuming that you mean he doesn't ship to Africa, as opposed to having some sort of prejudice against Africans?

John Harden
09-09-2009, 6:58 PM
I'm sure that's what he meant.

My reply recommending JoeWoodworker was in response to the OP asking if there was someonw in Ohio or Pennsylvania.

Can't help you if you're in Africa. Maybe try Woodweb? Aren't there Euro sources that will ship to Africa? I'm sure there are, particularly in the UK.

Regards,

John

Dewald van Lamp
09-10-2009, 3:18 AM
I'm assuming that you mean he doesn't ship to Africa, as opposed to having some sort of prejudice against Africans?

Perhaps you missed this part of my post..?

I do not know what the reasons are, but I assume they are valid in these economic times. Nobody wants to turn business away these days.