PDA

View Full Version : differnece between us made and chinese

sung joon chung
09-08-2009, 8:16 PM
hi! i`m korean guy with poor english.

We make some acrylic accessories... pendant, key ring, mobile strap....
Most of them export to japan.
We use chinese lase engraver with 60w laser tube.
My question is below

1. we use 15*16 inch acryl plate. and laser start top-left to bottom-right.
problem is my engraver can`t cut bottom right area.
laserpower is not constant. so i waste many parts of plate.

2. we use 0.1inch thick acryl. is it too thick?
or my engraver power is not enough?

3. any difference between chinese 60w & us made 50w in power,
effeciency,constancy.

4. i want buy 1 more engraver.
there are so many chinese machine in korea
but us made machine is too expensive.
( versa laser 50. 50w is over 30,000$ )
if any difference exist in us & chinese, i want buy us made
engraver directly from us. used machine is good to me.
help to buy us made engraver.
(in my experience, engaver is simple machine, and maintenence
is not hard work. so i think after service, assistence is not important)
welcome any advice... thanks

Margaret Turco
09-08-2009, 8:49 PM
You have plenty of power. I think either your acrylic sheets are not lying flat or your laser is out of focus in the lower right area. I'm sorry I don't know how to check the focus on your machine, but you should do so if you can.

Good luck!

Joe Pelonio
09-08-2009, 8:51 PM
My 45 watt Epilog (US made) will cut 3/8" maximum, but your 60 watt should cut 3/4".

If the lower right area is not cutting it means there's a problem, which could be:

Bad mirror or lens
Not in alignment (laser in center of lenses and mirrors)
bad power supply
Laser Tube losing power

That applies to bot US or Chinese lasers. It should cut all over the area

The main difference between Chinese and US made lasers from what people tell me is that the Chinese tubes do not last very long and the power is not consistent.

Darren Null
09-08-2009, 9:37 PM
If the lower right area is not cutting it means there's a problem, which could be:

Bad mirror or lens
Not in alignment (laser in center of lenses and mirrors)
bad power supply
Laser Tube losing power

I disagree with the last two. If the machine is consistently dropping the same area, it sounds like a calibration problem, and probably not hardware...which would give you faults all over the place. My 2c. Sorry.

EDIT: Unless, of course, the movement to the far side of the table is pulling a connection loose.

James Jaragosky
09-08-2009, 10:19 PM
My best guess would be beam alignment. if its not perfectly centered on all mirrors and the lens you can have this type of problem. I know that I have.

unfortunately adjusting mirrors on a Chinese machine is not easy because of the rudimentary holding brackets. I got tired of mine and added springs to make mirror adjustment easier.

Skip Weiser
09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
My best guess would be beam alignment. if its not perfectly centered on all mirrors and the lens you can have this type of problem. I know that I have.

unfortunately adjusting mirrors on a Chinese machine is not easy because of the rudimentary holding brackets. I got tired of mine and added springs to make mirror adjustment easier.

Mine has springs on the adjusters. It must be the Cadirrac model.

I agree though, the beam alignment is probably a little off.

Bruce Volden
09-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Also, check to make sure the table bed is level at ALL areas. If it is, check beam alignment using "burn through tape method". Put a very small circle in all 4 corners and send them to machine in separate files with tape over holes (before final mirror) and make certain the burn is in the same area on the tape in ALL positions. Does this make sense to you? If it is not the same you will have to adjust your mirror positioning. I hope this helps.

Bruce

sung joon chung
09-09-2009, 5:10 AM
You have plenty of power. I think either your acrylic sheets are not lying flat or your laser is out of focus in the lower right area. I'm sorry I don't know how to check the focus on your machine, but you should do so if you can.

Good luck!
thanks for kind advice.