PDA

View Full Version : tool offer. worth it?

curtis rosche
09-08-2009, 4:58 PM
i got one of those tool offers in the mail. one where they send you tools to test and keep every month, all you have to do is pay a $1 a month fee and awnser questions about it online. anyone ever do one of these? are they worth it, or do they give you cheap tools that arent really worth the time?

Eric Larsen
09-08-2009, 5:47 PM
I've seen this as well, and I've always stayed away.

I simply do not trust these companies with any of my financial info. I might be totally wrong, and this might be completely above-board and a true bargain to boot.

But this raises the big red "somethun for nuthin'" flag. Kind of like timeshare offers -- I don't think it's worth the hassle.

Jim Becker
09-08-2009, 9:51 PM
Not worth the price of the stamp...or the electrons if you apply online...to get involved in.

Rich Engelhardt
09-09-2009, 7:23 AM
Hello,
For $1.00 a month you'll get a handy plastic:
- Drill bit size guide.
- Nut/bolt size guide.
- Nail size guide.
- Different variations of all of the above.

plus a bill for $35.00 for 2 year subscription to some magazine you neither want or have any interest in - but - you agreed to take in somewhere in the fine print.

curtis rosche
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
its to bad there isnt a way to do this for real. even if you didnt keep the product. like get a different lathe every month and different tools. get payed to do it.

Jerome Hanby
09-09-2009, 1:33 PM
I think the way to do it is to start a website and generate such excellent reviews and information on every tool that you can lay hands on that pretty soon everyone knows you. That's when you'll get the freebies to keep and review.

Personally, it sounds like work to me. If I played with a given tool the way I'd like, I wouldn't get through more than two a year:D.