PDA

View Full Version : Importance of Yellow Pages advertising

Stephen Tashiro
09-08-2009, 2:36 PM
I was looking up the local offices of the American Automobile Association (AAA) in the White Pages of the local phone book (Dex "through March 2010", Las Cruces, NM). The bad news was that the only local office I can walk into and renew my membership is on the far side of big traffic congestion caused by construction on overpasses.

The interesting news was that I noticed a White Pages entry for "A Hired Killer". That was amusing, but I reasoned that it was probably an pest control service. So I looked in the Yellow Pages. Nope, the first pest control service is Aardvark. There isn't a Yellow Page entry for "Hired Killer" either.

This points out the importance of correlating one's White Pages listing with Yellow Pages advertising.

I suppose this topic is probably not of much concern on the SawmillCreek forum since the typical member tends to be a DIY type of person.

David G Baker
09-08-2009, 3:45 PM
Yup, I do most of my own contract work, never know when hiring someone else to do your dirty work if it may come back to haunt you. I use Delta Dust in any new killings only because there is a war going on in the country that makes Drione. :D

Keith Outten
09-09-2009, 5:57 AM
I expect that there are a lot of people like me who rarely ever pick up a telephone directory anymore. Concerning the telephone directory advertising rates I think that they are way overpriced, much like newspapers have always been. Both venues are losing market share to the Internet and that puts a smile on my face :)

I'm looking forward to the day when wireless technology has matured to the level that I can dump my cell phone. Our land line was discontinued several years ago....I dislike phone companies......all of them.

Chris Damm
09-09-2009, 9:28 AM
"A Hired Killer" is proably some rap singer's new name.:D